Author Topic: Stop alets / notifications / popups - either for selected programmes, or all  (Read 2615 times)

REDACTED

Ive recently added Avast to mac macbook pro running 10.10 (Yosemite)

It works fine, but im getting allot of pop ups / alert / information notification windows (im not sure exactly what to call them) they are 99.99% of the time showing up for malicious email attachments that are going into the my spam folder anyway. Is there a way i can either A) turn off the notifications which ive tried to do by edited the settings in the screenshot below but to no avail or B) turn off the notifications for email alerts or turn off the notifications for a specific programme ?

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi,
The Alert popups (which are all red Avast popups) can only be disabled altogether on the settings page you have posted here. There is however no option to do so for a specific shield/program. If disabling them does not work (I'm not sure if I fully understand your post), than this is a bug.

REDACTED

Hi Tumic,

Do you know how i can do that ? The screenshot above is for more current settings, but the alert boxes are still coming up

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
A screenshot of a alert may help

REDACTED

Please see attached

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:33:05 PM by vles »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
I suggest to submit the attachments to avast so they can have a look at them.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi Tumic,

Do you know how i can do that ? The screenshot above is for more current settings, but the alert boxes are still coming up

Well if your settings are like on the screenshot, than the alerts should not appear, as you have them
set to "Off" (like all other popup types). If they still do, than it is a bug. I can however not reproduce this
on my machine...