Author Topic: Unidentified Network - Windows 10  (Read 3830 times)

REDACTED

Unidentified Network - Windows 10
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
Hi. I've had a problem for a while now, It happens maybe half of the times when I boot into Windows. What happens is that there is a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark down in the notification field on the network icon.
I'm not able to connect to the internet, but my local connection is fine and I can see computers on the Network as well as open my Router's interface in the browser.

I'm only connected to one network via an ethernet cable, but In the Network and Sharing Center I have two connections. The first one is my normal "private Network" and the second is called "Unidentified Network". The only way to solve this that I have found is to go into the adapter settings and disable my Ethernet connection and enable it again. After that the unidentified network will be gone and I'm connected to the internet again.

Next time I start up my computer it might happen again, It doesn't always happen.

After trying to find a solution I found a thread at Tenforums where someone mentioned that he had uninstalled Avast! and the problem was gone. That thread was more than a year old and this problem just recently started occurring for me.

As I'm out if ideas I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone have had this problem before. Do you think Avast could be the cause? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance!