Author Topic: Email links  (Read 8033 times)

efuniture

Email links
« on: December 12, 2005, 12:47:11 AM »
Hi folks,
I have a problem with links on my outlook express emails. Normaly when some one sends me a email with a link I just click on it and away it goes. Now this doesnt work. Its ok if its an adressed link because I just copy and paste it to my browser. But when its a link ie  click HERE to check out this site ??. How do I restore this function.
Cheers from down under.
Paul :)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Email links
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:59:40 AM »
That's usually the case (or at least it was) when you uninstall MyIE2, now Maxthon browser, and it was set as your default browser instead of IE.

Simple solution is this:

Open My Documents window on the desktop...

Go to TOOLS, then chose FOLDER OPTIONS. Now chose FILE TYPES tab. Inside the list find URL-HyperText Transfer Protocol and URL-HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy. Click (for both of them) on ADVANCED button and then when you are inside the EDIT FILE TYPE window, click OPEN in the left panel and then EDIT on the right side.

This is what needs to be inside the Application used to perform action box:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

Cheers!

P.S. Btw, it has nothign to do with avast! in any way... ;) I know you didn't mean avast! is responsible, just mentioned that...

- Search keywords: e-mail links not working, url, urls, link inside e-mail
[/color]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:04:35 AM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 01:06:21 AM »
You need to see this screen and these entries:

;)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

efuniture

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 01:46:40 AM »
Hey Craftec,
Your the MAN! Thanks mate, that was really bugging me. Was I supposed to ask this question somewhere else?. Have a happy Christmas ( everone else too! ). I hope you were all good girls and boys and Santa showers you with presents.  ;D ;D

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:00:36 AM »
Haha, no this is the right place my friend... you can ask whatever you want. I just mentioned it's not caused by avast! nothing else. It's usually caused by some other internet browser taking over those extensions (URL Hyperlinks) and improperly leaving them blank in registry after uninstalling those browsers. They should restore the old information, but I guess they don't do that as we can see...

Anyway, have you solved your issue now ? I mean for the future reference, if someone else asks in the future so I can forward their attention to this thread...

Take care Australia !

efuniture

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 02:35:20 AM »
Crafty Tech  ;D,
It is solved thank you very much,
Cheers Paul

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:37:46 AM »
I'm happy you are happy my friend !

I can't recall I've noticed when you became avast! forum member, but it's never late... better late than never, right ?

WELCOME to best forums out there ! Feel like you're home, ask whatever bothers you, and try to help others if possible... that's what this community is all about... friendship, and building and growing our knowledge database.

Regards

efuniture

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 06:34:30 AM »
Actualy Craftec I have been here for over a year. I first joined when after connecting to the internet for the first time with nortons $140 security disc, I downloaded a virus ( my first day )I couldnt get the virus off my computer. After the helpfull techs at norton wouldnt help me unless I gave them my credit card number so they could debit $131 more out of me to talk me through it. I broke the disc up in a hundred bits, stamped on them, swore at them and came to Avast. No trouble ever since. I dont post much but come here all the time read all you guys pearls of wisdom, ( which by the way have helped heaps ). I used to read the off topic as well  :'(. Oh well it was good while it lasted. I feel like I know all of you guys so keep up the good work.
Cheers Paul

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 01:58:22 PM »
Thanks Paul for your kind words, it is really much easier to help others when you see such a nice words and when you see that you're actually doing something good and causy. If our advices helps at least one person per day, for me it means we already succeeded. That's the way I think...

Yes, we had so much fun in that off-topic forum once... there were some problems, and Alwil guys decided to shut it down. I trust in their decision, and I believe it was for our own good. Yes, I am sad too, like many others, because we really started to feel like one wonderful family. This started to smell (in a positive way) just like our own home. Unfortunatelly some individuals couldn't get along with everybody, so sparks (and later flames) started to fly.

The good thing is, there is still hope... you know how I know ? Simply, because off-topic is closed but it's still there... see it ? I see it... If they wanted to get rid of it once for ever, they would easily completely erase whole off-topic forum... if nothing else, to save some server space  ;)

This way, they left it on-hold, and I strongly believe they will re-open it eventually... sooner or latter. They also couldn't live without our stupid, funny, happy, sad, serious, childish and what not (but friendly) posts and attachments... Yes, all kind of posts, and that's what used to make that forum natural and so good. Same situation we can see in our real life as well. Life shouldn't be too serious, and when it becomes that way, we all need some pressure vent. I hope you understand my English, hehe...

Regards

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 02:07:57 PM »
Words of wisdom ;) I agree totally with my friend Sasha there.Paul you should post here more often i'm sure you'll have alot more fun that way and you'll see how quickly you can make friends here...  hihihi  ;D

Regards

Mikey

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »
Hallo efuniture,

Yes, that is true, and learning a lot during the process. I have learned heaps from all of my friends here. Some come here with a basic lesson for all, and remind you about that later. And while co-operating you expand your vision as well. Who has thought that I could take my nice Flock browser with me in my Flash disk memeory key. Defenitely I have grown a lot security-wise. Look forward to your next posting,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 03:33:58 PM »
Hi efuniture,
Or maybe I should have said Hi Stranger  ;D
It's nice to see you add a few pearls of wisdom.  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet