Author Topic: auto renewal cancellation  (Read 13952 times)

REDACTED

auto renewal cancellation
« on: December 08, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »
I have an Avast Pro auto renewal coming up in mid January 2016 and want to cancel the renewal. How do I do that? I used to be able to cancel it in the software, but now I see no way to do that now.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: auto renewal cancellation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
Please post in the correct forum next time.
This one is for things about the https://my.avast.com website

Also (re)search before posting.
The answer has been given many times already.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB126

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
How do we determine which billing service we are using?  Plus when I select it, it's asking for an order number.  I see the option for the last 5 digits of the CC but that was a year ago, and there is NO place on my account that remotely mentions billing.

Seriously, get your stuff together.  We should have a direct link from our account to billing.  Cut this difficult to adjust account crap

ALSO, there is no field to find my account via my email, and CC number.  So you are forcing me to go back and find the email on an old computer?

Forget asking about change in payment, I want to cancel my subscription. This is blatantly making it difficult to adjust account settings to make auto-payments continue. 

oh, and YES this is in the correct forum, its MY avast account I am talking about.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:44:44 PM by craigmmcdonald »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
How do we determine which billing service we are using?
It is the one mentioned in the confirmation email that you have gotten after purchasing a product.
If you have used a credit card or bank, it will also be on the payment overview you get from the credit card company/bank.
So you are forcing me to go back and find the email on an old computer?
No, avast is not forcing you to do so. You are the one that is responsible for your administration, not avast.
Cut this difficult to adjust account crap
It isn't difficult at all.
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB126
oh, and YES this is in the correct forum, its MY avast account I am talking about.
No it is not. This forum is about the https://my.avast.com website, not about canceling the auto-renewal/financial things.

Offline gem3

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »
How do we find out IF we are set up for auto renewal?     I have had avast for 3+ years, and have no idea what my order number was, or even what CC I used.  I might not even have that CC anymore.   
I would think that all that info would be on the Subscription tab of the Avast Settings, but I don't see any helpful info there.
Mine is a 5 PC license, and it took me 5 trys, with different email addys to final get the one that I registered   with. 
Yes, poor book-keeping on my part.  I'm coming up for renewal.  Not so sure I want to have auto renewal.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline gem3

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 06:56:21 PM »
It might be the 3rd time, or even the 10th time, If we newbies, who aren't all that computer literate, and didn't keep the proper written records, no matter what page, or forms we have will not get us the info we seek.    My Question was a legitimate question, and ask help.  Did you rally read it?    Or "your on the wrong forum". 
The easiest way to find out for us newbies, who don't have all the info we should have, is to call our CC company or bank and say "Do not honor an Avast request for Auto renewal".
Thank you, 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 07:10:36 PM »
How do we find out IF we are set up for auto renewal?
Look up the order status and check.
It has nothing to do with being computer literate or not.
It is just as with e.g. a insurance.
If you want to know if something is covered or not, read insurance policy.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 07:16:26 PM »
Since I got a new computer with Win10, late in July 2015, Avast Pro has started my byweekly scan, only, three times. It was easy to follow direction to stop the automatic renewal. The nuisance will come after that.  I did not see any direction which allowed a simple downgrade to Avast Free. I will see in a couple of weeks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »
It is explained in the FAQ on the avast website :
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB12

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 07:21:23 PM »
Since I got a new computer with Win10, late in July 2015, Avast Pro has started my byweekly scan, only, three times. It was easy to follow direction to stop the automatic renewal. The nuisance will come after that.  I did not see any direction which allowed a simple downgrade to Avast Free. I will see in a couple of weeks.

Uninstalling avast pro from control panel > programs and features > avast antivirus - Uninstall. When you choose this there should be an option to downgrade to the free version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline gem3

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 07:44:49 PM »
How do we find out IF we are set up for auto renewal?
Look up the order status and check.
It has nothing to do with being computer literate or not.
It is just as with e.g. a insurance.
If you want to know if something is covered or not, read insurance policy.

Offline gem3

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »
Is there a way to send just a simple email, or telephone the Avast company?    All the things I try doesn't seem to work,  or automatic reply is that I'm unknown, or wrong PW,  and all I want to do is know if I have auto renew turned on or off?  I have a paid, 5 computer license, since the end of 2013, and if I can't get the info I need, I am left with no alternative but to instruct my CC company to not accept an automatic charge from Avast against my CC.   I might not even have that CC anymore.  I like Avast software, but it isn't worth all the problems I have encountered here today.  I have spent far too much time trying to JTH.   I'm sure just one little 5 piece license isn't any big lost to Avast.  And the free verson on my 5 computers should work just fine.
If this message can't be forwarded to Avast,  and get this matter resolved, I have about 40 days until my time with Avast is up.
Thank You.
I will try to not darken your door further today.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:14 PM »
Is there a way to send just a simple email, or telephone the Avast company?
Yes there is. Submit a ticket.

Offline gem3

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 11:37:36 PM »
Somehow, I knew, after spending just one day on this forum,  that would be your answer.
I don't know what my PW for Avast is, when I try all the ones I have used, it comes back unknown.   I don't have my order number any more as it would have been on an old retired machine,   I don't know what CC I used over 3 years ago. 
Again, poor bookkeeping on my part.
I'm just one little ol' 5 computer license customer.   I'm sure I'm pretty small potatoes to Avast, and most certainly won't be missed.

I think I'm left with no way to get where I need to be with this, and will, probably have to insure my CC company refuses to honor any auto charges to my cards.