Author Topic: auto renewal cancellation  (Read 13954 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: auto renewal cancellation
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »
I don't know what my PW for Avast is
You are logged in here, so you do have login details.
Submit a ticket, it really isn't hard to do.
https://support.avast.com > click the "submit a ticket" button.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 12:01:34 AM »
I already ticketed them myself, and have been waiting for a week.  THEY RENEWED MY SUBSCRIPTION.  Even after I emailed them, "attempted" to call the number listed, and went through every inch of the my.avast.com web portal to find a cancel subscription button.

There is no such button.  There is no connecting phone number.  There was no password for the id they sent me in the email, for the order web service.  There was no response to my tickets.

The money was STOLEN from me, and there's very little I can do about it, except wait for for the refund from either my bank or Avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 05:44:31 AM »
Where does it say there is such a option in the portal ?
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB12

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »
Think I will add to this myself.

I have been using Avast now for over ten years and have recommended the product to hundreds. The software itself is great and I love using it.
At the moment I have Avast Premier , VPN and Cleanup so a good customer !

I have been billed by Nexway on the 7th Jan for another year of Avast Premier with AutoRenew off !!!   (illegal)
All my Avast products are set to off as ive just checked.

The procedure for doing this is not really clear and having to look back at a year old email is just making it difficult for paying customers.
The website is also poor for navigating around etc , especially for people that don't know how to do these things.

Ive had no email from Avast with my new invoice number and password or no new license file yet there quick to take my money nearly two weeks ago now.

"Submit a ticket all the admins are saying "

Five days ago I did this and still no answer. This is without a doubt the poorest response time ive ever seen for something so easy to rectify.
Im a technical support manager in a world leading I.T firm and if our level of support was this poor we would all be looking for another job.

Get it together Avast
Your software is let down by your lack of support, if any.

I have two days left on my old Premier and when that runs out if nothing has been done I will get my money back from Paypal and never use or recommend Avast again.
Sad as its a good product

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 09:25:35 PM »
Just to make it clear, most of us are just like you users of avast and are not working for avast in any way.
You can recognize someone from avast on this webboard by the "avast team" underneath their name.

If you had disabled the auto-renewal before it took place, it sure shouldn't have happened.
If I understand you correctly, you have submitted a ticket.
Please mention the ticket number here and I will try to get someone from avast to have a look at it.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 09:45:33 PM »
Ticket number is 141303

Yes all Auto renewals are off and have been since September 2015 when I set them to off, so it shouldn't be billed.
I always renew manually as I have had this happened before and its really putting my off the product etc.

Thanks for looking into this Eddy.

Avast need to get their ticket support system up to speed because its terrible.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:36 AM »
Hi,

the subscription that just renewed is registered under a different email address than the rest of your subscriptions.
I believe this was a typo, as all the others are registered for "grotty" while the one renewed is under "groty". I suspect that for this reason you neither knew that this subscription existed and thus didn't cancel the auto-renewal for it :)

I just cancelled it and issued the refund.

Cheers.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 11:28:22 PM »
How do I turn off auto renewal?????  Can't find it anywhere.  Is that done on purpose?Y

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 11:50:15 PM »
How do I turn off auto renewal?????  Can't find it anywhere.  Is that done on purpose?Y

Have you visited the FAQ link in Reply #1 of this topic ?

- You could also check to see if your Order number can be found at https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
It is impossible to find a place to enter a ticket for an auto renewal cancellation on this site....I HATE THIS COMPANY...
Can't call no humans work here...
You are not authorized to renew this piece of garage you call grime fighter which has never  loaded on my system and is not now loaded on my system as it won't load.  even after 6 hours on the phone with your technical group...Then you refused to refund last time  now have ripped me off for  over $200.00 and I still have NO AVAST products on my computer and I DON"T want any.........BUYER BEWARE..  IT IS A RIP OFF COMPANY....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:24 PM »
Instead of posting you should have done some reading.

1]
You don't need to submit a ticket if you want to cancel the auto-renewal.
See reply #1

2]
You did authorize avast for the auto-renewal when you bought a subscription.
avast did send you at least 2 mails telling that the auto-renewal was upcoming giving you enough time to cancel it.

3]
There haven't been a auto-renewal for GrimeFighter since it was replaced with avast CleanUp about 6 months ago.

4]
If avast refuse a refund they will have a very good reason for it and they will tell you.
e.g. you ask a refund way past the 30 days money back guarantee.

5]
It doesn't matter if you have avast installed or not.
You bought a subscription and as long as you don't cancel it, you will need to pay.
It is just as with magazines.
You subscribe to one and have to pay for it.
It doesn't matter if you read it or not.

Just because you don't know/understand things, doesn't mean avast is ripping off people.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »
I think Avast makes a BIG mistake with auto-renewal. I had installed free version and I was just about to purchase for the first time for 1 year, and after I read the page about auto-renewal and backed off. That is obscene, it shouldn't be automatic at all! It should be maximum as option in settings BUT NOT IN DEFAULT !  If I am buying for one year, it should expire and only AFTER I DECIDE than to purchase for another year (or not).
Bye, bye Avast...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 11:56:32 PM »
When you first purchase, you can switch this off - but some find it hard to find. Don't go through with the purchase if you haven't been able to switch it off (if it is still on by default).

EDIT: attached images.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:02:40 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 12:16:02 AM »
It used to be enabled by default, but hasn't been for many months.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 01:21:41 AM »
As you can see from my image1 there is no check box (to check or uncheck), you have to click the link to get to the underlying check box for auto-renewal.

The only difference for mine being I tested it on avast Pro (not Premier), mine was in English and crucially the check box was already checked (not unchecked by default), image2.