Author Topic: Can't Install VPS Update  (Read 3827 times)

tgignac

Can't Install VPS Update
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:32:07 PM »
Ok... one of my clients has 3 computers running avast pro... latest version. I have consistently had problems with 1 on the systems getting updates.

I have removed avast... ran the cleaner... re-installed and its updated fine. Then, when it goes for its next update it does nothing. I know it hasn't updated when Windows tells me the AV Defs are out of date security message.

So today I tryed to do an update. Nothing happened. Not even an error. So I manually downloaded the VPS update and tried to run it. I get the following error:

"Can't install VPS update, report following errorcodes:
Ver: 4.6.744
SI: 0x00000002
ST: 0x00000002
LE: 0x00000000.

This is the same error I got before i totally uninstalled it and ran the cleaner and reinstalled 4 weeks ago. I havn't tried the prgram update.

The other 2 systems (exact hardware, same network) are working properly.

Thanks for any help.

CharleyO

Re: Can't Install VPS Update
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:38:01 PM »

OS the same also?

tgignac

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »
yep XP Pro SP2... all the latest updates.

tgignac

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:24:10 PM »
I read in another post that perhaps its a missing file?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 03:33:20 PM »
If so then, try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tgignac

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 03:43:54 PM »
Uninstall gives me a setiface error. I'm just searching the forums for that now.

tgignac

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »
found the problem... SETUP.OVR wasn't where it was supposed to be. Forejt helped me with it. Fantastic work guys. This thread is closed.

tgignac

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »
opps... the above post is a lie. Back to the same old problem. After I did the repair it updated fine. Then 2 days later the update failed again. I suspact that something was not shut down properly with the avast update as well because there is a memory leak (perhaps the update trying infinately?)

I have removed avsat from this computer and del;ete the alwil folder in the progranm files. I want the system to run for 2 days so I can see if it was avast that was causing the virtual memory errors when the user returned to work every morning.

She would be forced to restart every morning to free up the ram that some application on a rampage was using up.

I'll know more in the morning.