Author Topic: Where is the root installer on google play?  (Read 33656 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Where is the root installer on google play?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
clevertongeografia,

this is a English forum.
Post in English or use one of the non-English forums.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 06:27:26 AM »
clevertongeografia,

this is a English forum.
Post in English or use one of the non-English forums.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 12:30:07 AM »
I'm unable to download the customized app, I always get download error.

Is there any chance to get an APK file of the root app (with whatever name) instead of ann app that tries to download it and get an error all the time?

Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 11:50:59 AM »
Forget about getting the root version, it is gone/not developed anymore.
See reply #1

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 01:28:53 PM »
On the normal version there shouldn't be an option for auto turn on GPS (root only).
This is actually a deal breaker, the ability to connect GPS remotely would ensure the maximum battery saving. My goal is to have an android device acting as locator in vehicles (but trying to avoid draining the vehicles battery)

Any solution available?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »
filipeshugo > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=android+gps+tracker

Best is to hardwire the device to the car battery.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »
Thank you Eddy, I did my search and found nothing that would suit better than the rooted version of avast anti theft.
Anyway, its obvious that the phone has to be wired to the battery, but when you're talking about motorcycles with small batteries that spend the whole winter stored in a garaged, you'd be concerned about the phone draining the vehicle battery.

I've found that dedicated vehicle tracking (within reasonable prices) are useless as there is little gps accuracy.

Anyway, I'll get some solution.
Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 10:20:06 PM »
I have been trying to imstall rooted version for several days but it does not download the installer... i tried reformatting m phone several times... but still.. that is why I am here to ask for help which I found out it is no longer developed. WhaT a joke.. the unrooted app is useless as it can be easily un installed. Luckily I did not renew my subscription. If anyone found an alternative rooted antitheft please let us know. Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »
Good I checked here before reflashing a new ROM to my phone.
Rooted antitheft is the only antitheft worth having on your mobile and it's very sad that avast stopped the support and development.

I have pulled out the APK from my rooted phone, give it a try guys and see if it works. I'll need to know before I go ahead and flash a new ROM.
My g-drive link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7u-3KgX56DmLXRMODhkR0hKRE0

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 07:13:26 AM »
Rooted antitheft is the only antitheft worth having on your mobile and it's very sad that avast stopped the support and development.

I have pulled out the APK from my rooted phone, give it a try guys and see if it works. I'll need to know before I go ahead and flash a new ROM.
My g-drive link:

Sadly this will also only act as unrooted. In order to achieve root mode I think the Play download is a must.

Well, not supporting the rooted version anymore is one thing. Please be so kind to remove the root installation from the Anti-Theft installation options! Altough I guess this might ship with the new version of the app, but a warning of any kind would have been extremely useful...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:32:22 AM by ЯazoR »

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »

My g-drive link:

I was excited but it actually doesnt work. It works as unrooted and requests to install the root version.

What a shame :/

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 01:26:34 AM »
What if you use titanium backup and have it turn avast anti theft into a system app after you have it all setup then if the phone gets wiped it will still be there when it boots up.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 11:38:38 AM »
What if you use titanium backup and have it turn avast anti theft into a system app after you have it all setup then if the phone gets wiped it will still be there when it boots up.
If the system partition is also wiped, there is not a "resurrection" script of system apps.
By the way, nothing survives a full wipe :)
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 03:49:43 AM »
Yup the app from the link in my last post doesn't offer a root mode, the only thing it does different is installing under different name (File Explorer I think).
I flashed a new ROM, tried restoring with Titanium Backup, root mode didn't work, tried installing the app by itself - root mode didn't work.

Canceled my subscription, screw dat! Nothing left worth paying for.
Also uninstalled the Mobile Security, with each new update it was getting more and more intrusive with their other apps offerings and other things.
Bye Bye.

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »
If the system partition is also wiped, there is not a "resurrection" script of system apps.
By the way, nothing survives a full wipe :)

system remains untouched. With your app installed in /system/app, it will survice a factory-reset. But its data might not, as /data gets wiped. Which means, all required settings need to be part of the app itself, or of its "default settings" which get deployed on first initalization.