Author Topic: Where is the root installer on google play?  (Read 33787 times)

Offline testerics

Re: Where is the root installer on google play?
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »
Prepared to cancel my subscription also, Avast just made the most stupid mistake when decided to remove the best features (SMS remote control via commands sent directly from the application and root mode)..

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 05:47:01 AM »

Prevision? Turn back? Waiting asnwers, abandoned the best android app for security!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:56:32 AM by verginiojr »

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »
Hello to everyone. I might have some good news. Or not.

As I strongly dislike the new versions of A.M.S., I keep backup of and old version I liked (4.0.7871). Including the antitheft app.
On my device it seems to work to restore these apps, which actually allow you to make that "hard-reset-proof" setup offline, with no need to download anything else.
The only difficulities I had were connected to the removal of the new version of antitheft app from G-Store . What I did to finally succeed was uninstalling it in Titanium, removing all *avast* files within the filesystem (excludung sd-card) and (important) wiping Dalvik-cache. Otherwise I kept recieving error messages like "You installed A-T from Google and from us at the same time". So make sure You remove all existing A-T traces first.
Now, after the success, I am allowed all those options to integrate the app into rom as well as remove A-T from within the app itself, or through a nandroid recovery and a zip file.

So, I offer You my titanium backups of M.S. as well as A-T (named Avalanche forecast) with clean data and that zip file for removal of system-stored settings. Curious how long it will last here.
download here

Good luck and let me know if it works, I hope so.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:27:53 PM by vhatp »

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 03:10:10 PM »
[quote author=Tomas Kypta link=topic=180261.msg1275641#msg1275641 date=14498303

Lame! Bring it back.
Hi,

Rooted Anti-Theft hasn't been actively developed for a long time.
And currently there aren't any plans for future support.
So it was decided to remove the installer from Google Play.

Nevertheless, some root features will be still available
in the standard Google Play version.

Tomas
[/quote]

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 11:01:03 PM »
Que decepção!!! Que retrocesso! Avast, por favor retorne com a versão root!!!

What a disappointment!!!  Avast , please return the root version !!! :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2016, 12:19:53 AM »
Hello to everyone. I might have some good news. Or not.

As I strongly dislike the new versions of A.M.S., I keep backup of and old version I liked (4.0.7871). Including the antitheft app.
On my device it seems to work to restore these apps, which actually allow you to make that "hard-reset-proof" setup offline, with no need to download anything else.
The only difficulities I had were connected to the removal of the new version of antitheft app from G-Store . What I did to finally succeed was uninstalling it in Titanium, removing all *avast* files within the filesystem (excludung sd-card) and (important) wiping Dalvik-cache. Otherwise I kept recieving error messages like "You installed A-T from Google and from us at the same time". So make sure You remove all existing A-T traces first.
Now, after the success, I am allowed all those options to integrate the app into rom as well as remove A-T from within the app itself, or through a nandroid recovery and a zip file.

So, I offer You my titanium backups of M.S. as well as A-T (named Avalanche forecast) with clean data and that zip file for removal of system-stored settings. Curious how long it will last here.
download here

Good luck and let me know if it works, I hope so.

I would like to try it. But I can't understand how!! Especially "that zip file for removal of system-stored settings"...

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 04:39:34 AM »
What if you use titanium backup and have it turn avast anti theft into a system app after you have it all setup then if the phone gets wiped it will still be there when it boots up.
If the system partition is also wiped, there is not a "resurrection" script of system apps.
By the way, nothing survives a full wipe :)

system remains untouched. With your app installed in /system/app, it will survice a factory-reset. But its data might not, as /data gets wiped. Which means, all required settings need to be part of the app itself, or of its "default settings" which get deployed on first initalization.

you're right. i installed it and make it system app via titnium backup, but the data doesn't survive after hard reset..

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 07:53:37 AM »
Why?
the best quality was the root mode....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 10:44:32 AM »
Some of the rooted options are now in the normal version.
Others are not, mainly because Google made it impossible in their Android update.

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 03:08:51 PM »
Ok Good News for All Avast Anti-Theft User (Rooted)
Follow Below Steps
Step 1 : Download apk file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7u-3KgX56DmLXRMODhkR0hKRE0/view (Previously posted by some user in this forum).

Step 2 :Uninstall all version of avast anti-theft that you have

Step 3 : Use any root explorer (Like ES File Explorer) and delete following (ignore if you can't find)

/data/app/com.avast.android.antitheft*.apk

/data/data/com.avast.android.antitheft*

/system/app/com.avast.android.antitheft.apk
/system/priv-app/com.avast.android.antitheft.apk

Restart your phone

Step 4: Again open your ES File Explorer
goto /system/priv-app/ and copy paste above (step 1) downloaded apk file here (/system/priv-app/ )
rename it to com.avast.android.antitheft.apk
set its permission to 0644 (Google it if you can't understand)
Now again restart your phone

Congo you will get rooted version of avast anti theft

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:13:38 PM by sumra123 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
Ok, bad news.
Some things might not work anymore as Google has changed things in Android

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »
Perfectly working on Kitkat 4.4.2 and Custom ROM Based on Lollipop
Don't know about stock lollipop & marshmallow.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2016, 08:21:11 AM »
Let's hope everything is working for others as well.

Offline NoRootNoHoney

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2016, 06:03:58 PM »
I just want to express my deepest contempt on Avast's decission to remove the root/hard-reset-proof feature.
I was a happy user with this feature since its very beginnings, before it even was integrated into Avast. Back then in 2010, it was named "Theft Aware" and developed by the Austrian company "ITAgents GmbH". The app won several prices and created an international stir. [1] Then the software was bought by Avast. And now, Avast simply dumps it and instead makes its UI look like a child's birthday party. Farewell, Avast.

[1] http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OTS_20101130_OTS0041/haltet-den-handydieb-20-handy-diebstahlschutz-aus-linz-wird-als-internationale-top-anwendung-gewertet

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »
Avast have really screwed up here. THE, reason I purchased it was for the rooted protection - the ability to survive a factory reset/installation of custom rom.

That's gone. I don't care what they say, the current version provides no theft protection at all. The thief just has to boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.

Fortunately  I kept Backups of the "real" Avast mobile security app & and anti theft customised packages, and have now got them installed on all my Mobile devices.  The customised package (the one you can name as you wish) is MODEL SPECIFIC  i.e. Galaxy S3 package will only work on the S3 etc. 

I have 2 old S3's,  an Xperia Tablet Z and a Samsung Galaxy S tablet; my current phone is Galaxy S4 (still a damn good phone after 4 years!)

All of these devices now have the full protection and theft protection that I originally bought Avast for.

I WILL NEVER be "upgrading"  to the new  play school / kindergarten, placebo version!