Author Topic: Where is the root installer on google play?  (Read 33801 times)

REDACTED

Re: Where is the root installer on google play?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 09:45:41 PM »
Good I checked here before reflashing a new ROM to my phone.
Rooted antitheft is the only antitheft worth having on your mobile and it's very sad that avast stopped the support and development.

I have pulled out the APK from my rooted phone, give it a try guys and see if it works. I'll need to know before I go ahead and flash a new ROM.
My g-drive link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7u-3KgX56DmLXRMODhkR0hKRE0

The customised installer package is specific to the phone model - eg package created for the Galaxy S3 will only work on another Galaxy S3.

You have to give the phone model that your package was from so that others with that model can use it.

Hope this helps

REDACTED

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »
Any one looking for the rooted version of Anti-Theft, here it is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.antitheft_setup

Hasn't been updated for a while, but is still there.

REDACTED

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:52 PM »
Ok Good News for All Avast Anti-Theft User (Rooted)
Follow Below Steps
Step 1 : Download apk file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7u-3KgX56DmLXRMODhkR0hKRE0/view (Previously posted by some user in this forum).

Step 2 :Uninstall all version of avast anti-theft that you have

Step 3 : Use any root explorer (Like ES File Explorer) and delete following (ignore if you can't find)

/data/app/com.avast.android.antitheft*.apk

/data/data/com.avast.android.antitheft*

/system/app/com.avast.android.antitheft.apk
/system/priv-app/com.avast.android.antitheft.apk

Restart your phone

Step 4: Again open your ES File Explorer
goto /system/priv-app/ and copy paste above (step 1) downloaded apk file here (/system/priv-app/ )
rename it to com.avast.android.antitheft.apk
set its permission to 0644 (Google it if you can't understand)
Now again restart your phone

Congo you will get rooted version of avast anti theft

Hi. Thanks for the instructions, however, i did Exactly what you mentioned but i can't find any trace of the app (even in application manager) just as if it's not installed. Is there any missing step?
Note: I'm on stock marshmallow 6.0.1
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:59:09 PM by husamhamidosman »

REDACTED

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 03:01:57 AM »
Hi,

I still have my Avast Anti-Theft rooted version installed (actually I restored from a previous TB backup).

Apparently it is working, the app opens, I can setup everything I want, hide the app icon, the app is installed with the same alternative name I used before, and it also has the hard reset protection, capable of storing and check stored settings (the settings were read successfully).

But the app does not work anymore. I can't track my phone using My Avast, I got no response from my phone. I can't setup continuous tracking, it can't check for new version ("no internet connectivity available" error, but this was expected). The Fix connections problems option doesn't receive the test message from the web.

So, I think the rooted app is useless....  :'(