Author Topic: Avast UI opens after scheduled scan  (Read 27512 times)

Offline merckxist

Re: Avast UI opens after scheduled scan
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »
Just got a nice warning about the age of this topic, but thought I'd check to see if the intervening releases for the last 5 months have cleared up the issue for the other users that were having this problem, since its still an issue for me. I'm running the 11.1.2245 version with Automatically open the Scan Results when scan is finished unchecked. I still have the exclusions for hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys as well a new one for $Extend\$RmMetadata\$TxfLog\$Tops that I don't recall adding myself, perhaps some Avast update put that in for me. I'm getting the scan results pop-up almost on a daily basis running a daily custom scan.

Did everyone else get it working correctly (which I would define as no pop-up if no virus found) via new release or come up with a local fix or just give up?

REDACTED

Re: Avast UI opens after scheduled scan
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2015, 04:30:34 AM »
Greetings, merckxist!

I was one of the early commenters on this issue.  Today, using 11.1.2245 also, I am still getting the UI window jumping up at the completion of scheduled scans.  The "Automatically open the scan results..." setting doesn't make a difference; checked or unchecked, the window still opens every time, whether a virus is found or not.  Nor does the exclusion strategy identified in an earlier post make a difference for me, either.

I've about resigned myself to the fact that this appears to be like death and taxes, as the saying goes -- unavoidable and not likely to change -- but it sure would be nice if the notification could be limited to at most a balloon message above the tray icon instead of the entire UI window suddenly springing up...