Author Topic: Firefox v43.0 Disables AVAST Online Security  (Read 16376 times)

REDACTED

Re: Firefox v43.0 Disables AVAST Online Security
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 01:17:01 AM »
I saw the Eddy's response, but I wish that all users have the latest version of Avast Online Security, which is correctly recognized by Firefox 43.
How can I do to have it updated for the user left with the old v10.1.0.170?

Thanks! Marco
Update to the latest version of Avast:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=179855.0

I already have the last version of Avast ....   :-\

Ciao - Marco

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
Hi,
Clearly there is a problem here.  For some users, including myself, AOS will not work with Firefox v43.0/v43.1 despite us trying the suggestions put forward on this forum.  Other users are not experiencing the problem so the issue is, why the inconsistency?  Perhaps there are compatibility issues with other software on some user's systems but as AOS was working happily with Firefox before it updated to v43.0, this appears unlikely; more likely there are some irrational areas of coding within Firefox and/or Avast which cause Firefox to swing one way or the other in deciding whether to allow AOS or not.  The mystery remains until the programmers have the will and the time to investigate in depth.

Fortunately it is not that serious a problem as there are suitable alternative strategies but when something does not work, when in theory it should, it is a little annoying.   

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 10:18:01 AM »
Don't you have FF 64 bit version? Because there is not running AOS addon yet. But it shouldn't change during FF update.

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
Don't you have FF 64 bit version? Because there is not running AOS addon yet. But it shouldn't change during FF update.
Hi Martin,
I'm not sure if you are addressing me or another thread contributor but just to clarify my position, my system is Windows 7 SP1 32bit and all my software, including Firefox, is 32 bit.  This means the problem is not unique to 64bit systems.
Regards.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
Thanks, and your AVAST version please?

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
Thanks, and your AVAST version please?
Hi Martin,
Sorry I should have included that information - it is Avast 2016 (Free) version 11.1.2245.
Regards.

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »
Hi! Happy new year!!!!!
Nothing new?
I went to see in other browsers installed.
In the "normal" user (non-administrator) i use everyday i see in Firefox there is Avast Online Security v10.1.0.170 , instead there is v.11.1.0.2010 in Chrome, and in IE 11 there is AOS v10.3.0.55.
I have Avast Free v.11.1.2245
How can i force the alignment of AOS to the latest version for all browsers and all users of the PC?

Thanks! Marco

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »
Each browser requires its own AOS.
That means the version numbers don't have to be the same.

e.g.
If there is a change for the AOS for IE, the number for the IE AOS will change, not for the other ones.

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 10:25:01 PM »
Thanks Eddy, does anyone know then what are the most recent versions for Firefox and IE 11 (with Avast Free v.11.1.2245)?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 10:30:27 PM »
If there is a change, they will be installed when avast updates.
If you have the latest avast version, you also have the latest versions for the AOS.

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 10:39:58 PM »
From my message Dicembre 19, 2015, 04:06:10 pm
<< In the administrator user of my PC, i think it's all ok with Avast Online Security ( v.10.3.3.13) and Firefox
Idem in a "normal" user that i sometimes use for particular things
But in the "normal" user i use everyday instead i see Avast Online Security v10.1.0.170. Why? Firefox have disabled it in this user!>>

Why in two different users i have two different version of AOS for Firefox?

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 11:53:51 PM »
I'm resigned to the likelihood that AVAST and/or Mozzila are going to force me to mess up my clean, customised  browser GUI at some point down the line but I'm going to scream against the wind and put that off for as long as possible.

When you get there give Pale Moon a try.  ;)

I'm very pleased with this very robust and very highly configurable browser with literally the best of support.

Pale Moon is one of the few browsers that can boast having all of the following: Bookmark management, Download management, Password managing, Form managing, Spell checking, Search Engine Toolbar, Per-Site Security Configuration, Privacy Mode, Auto-Updater, Tabbed browsing, Pop-up blocking, Incremental Search, Ad-filtering, Page zooming, Full text search of history, Content Model Dialogues that  with all of this also passes all 3 Acid Scores (The Acid tests are online test suites to determine aspects of standards compliance, to expose web page rendering flaws, and to rate the performance of browsers. Upon each test's release, they are designed so that no existing browser can pass without further development. In order for a browser to pass any Acid test, the latest public release of the browser (not an alpha, beta, release candidate, or other version under development or testing procedures) must meet the requirements).
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 01:46:14 AM »
All this trouble is truly a bunch of BS.  We pay for Avast Products, so AVAST should be getting this issue fixed, or lose customers.
SIMPLE...

43.0.0.0  Was a NO GO
43.X.X.X All 43 series updates are a NO GO

Now we have version "45.0"   Guess what?  IT STILL DOESN'T WORK

It's a joke.  Make the changes to you signature and sent to Mozilla to Approve.   BOOM BANG DONE....

Cheers

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 05:13:54 AM »
Now we have version "45.0"   Guess what?  IT STILL DOESN'T WORK
Update to the latest version (2016.11.1.2253): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=182468
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0