Author Topic: Avast says unprotected then starts it back but cancels the scan.  (Read 10485 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast says unprotected then starts it back but cancels the scan.
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »
Okay did steps, running scan now, will edit this post once I know what it's going to do.

Edit: It seemed to get longer in scan, though I don't know if that was due to what I fixed, however it still temporality went unprotected and stopped scan.

Edit 2: A friend of mine who knows some about computers but not much, said for me to ask if a system refresh would work, she said ask about restore also but my restore point was made after the issue started. And also to ask if a complete system reset would work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:59:34 AM by kaylachan1990 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »
As you have 8.1 you can upgrade to windows 10 which will give you a fresh install of windows but retain your data

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
I will try that, the download file is massive so I worry that with my internet speed how it is that it may take ages, but I will try it. Is there any other option I could try before any of those steps?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:57:11 PM by kaylachan1990 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »
Alright, thank you for your help, I'll either do that or the complete swipe (on the one hand that one will give me a brand new computer haha) But either way, thank you for helping me with all of this and hopefully these options will work.