Author Topic: Secureline not connecting?  (Read 8167 times)

REDACTED

Secureline not connecting?
« on: December 19, 2015, 01:22:59 PM »
Secureline has not been connecting for two days. Cyberghost works fine. Is it possible my ISP is blocking secureline?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Secureline not connecting?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
Possible ? Yes
Likely ? No
If you want to know, ask your ISP.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:59:52 PM »
Secureline has not been connecting for two days. Cyberghost works fine. Is it possible my ISP is blocking secureline?

When it's not connecting, do you go through and try different "Server Location" options??

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »
I've tried all the servers many times with no luck.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
I'm also having the same problem since installing the latest Windows 10 update.  I get the error message, "Sorry, it is not possible to establish a connection."

I have tried various different servers, but always with the same result.  I also tried the registry edit that worked when I first installed Windows 10 but this time it made no difference.

It's not a problem with the ISP because my Android tablet and Android phone can both establish a connection without any problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »
It looks like Avast Premier might be blocking Secureline. I'll keep trying.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:54:53 PM »
When I turn off all my shields in Avast premier, Secureline works perfectly. Can anyone tell me how to allow Secureline through my shields?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
When I turn off all my shields in Avast premier, Secureline works perfectly. Can anyone tell me how to allow Secureline through my shields?

You stated "Secureline has not been connecting for two days" so I assume it was working previously.
Did you update Avast of the OS?
Have you tried a 'Repair' of your Avast installation:

REPAIR and RESET Avast Installation

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB204

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »
I'm also having the same problem since installing the latest Windows 10 update.  I get the error message, "Sorry, it is not possible to establish a connection."

I have tried various different servers, but always with the same result.  I also tried the registry edit that worked when I first installed Windows 10 but this time it made no difference.

It's not a problem with the ISP because my Android tablet and Android phone can both establish a connection without any problem.

You could open a Support Ticket, Explain your issue in detail. The process can take 7-10 Business days

Contact Avast support: 
http://support.avast.com > Scroll down and Submit a Support Ticket

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
Repair/reset worked! Thanks. :)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »
You're welcome. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 06:40:35 AM »

OK, it's fixed now. Although SecureLine had not informed me of any available updates recently (which it used to, in the past) I went to the Avast website and downloaded what it said was the latest version from there.  After installing that, I immediately got a message from SecureLine that (yet another) update was available.  I accepted the prompts to install that further update and now it's working OK again.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »
Avast Secureline is not free, downloaded "free download" would not work with WIN10-HPDX131 LAPTOP. Advertised as "free" gets users to download only to learn the download was free not a working version.

Sneaky, but they use it to sell software!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 02:07:39 PM »
Avast Secureline is not free...
True, and nobody in this thread said so.
Still, you can test (7 days) it for free... ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0