Author Topic: slow running times, returned mail  (Read 9704 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: slow running times, returned mail
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 02:18:06 AM »
Tech, I didn't mention anything about Azureus in this thread, Spiritsongs mentioned updating Java.
Sorry, it was here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=18105.msg153848#msg153848
Too many opened threads in my mind  8)
I know what you mean ;D
It would be nice if there was some way to find what initiates the Java (javaw.exe) you were thinking about. You were tinking about that?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 02:37:50 AM »
It would be nice if there was some way to find what initiates the Java (javaw.exe) you were thinking about. You were tinking about that?
Yes, which Java program is initiating that process...
The best things in life are free.

Spiritsongs

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2005, 10:11:50 AM »
 :) The following is posted on several antiSPYWARE forums :

"It is extremely important that all prior versions of Java be uninstalled. If not, you are a walking target for a major infection. The following procedure is strongly encouraged:

Please follow the steps to remove older version Java components

1. Close any open programs you may have running, especially your web browser

2. Click Start > Control Panel (Depending on your OS or configuration, you may have to click Start > Settings > Control Panel)

3. Open Add or Remove Programs (If you have Windows 98 or Windows 2000, open Add/Remove Programs)

4. Click once on any item listing Java Runtime Environment in the name. (Not every version of Java will begin with "Java" so be sure to read each entry in the list)

5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button

6. Follow steps 4 and 5 as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java

7. Reboot your PC once all Java components have been removed

8. Proceed with reinstalling Java by going to  http://www.java.com/en/  and install the latest version from the website  "