Author Topic: Avast and Webroot Personal Firewall  (Read 3650 times)

marcelospera

Avast and Webroot Personal Firewall
« on: March 08, 2006, 03:05:20 AM »
Every time Avast tries to update, the Webroot Personal Firewall asks me to permit or not this connection. I have already recreated the rule, turn on the "reminder" option but does not work.

The Avast file that causes this situation is "avast.setup". How to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast and Webroot Personal Firewall
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:11:03 AM »
Every time Avast tries to update, the Webroot Personal Firewall asks me to permit or not this connection. I have already recreated the rule, turn on the "reminder" option but does not work.

The Avast file that causes this situation is "avast.setup". How to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot.
avast.setup is a temporary file created to update avast.
Generally, the firewall save the settings and no problems at all.
Does this occur at each update? If you allow and remind the option, close the firewall or save its settings, that enable firewall again and try to update, what do you get?
The best things in life are free.

marcelospera

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:33:42 PM »
I think that after complete any update (database update, for instance), next time it will warn me again. If no updates are necessary, the firewall doesn't bother me. Weird, huh?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:09:05 PM »
It should only warn/ask if the content of avast.setup have changed from the last time it was used. This change normally only happens prior to a program update, I don't get asked by Outpost Pro for VPS updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 07:23:51 PM »

Neither do I with ZA Free.    8)