Author Topic: Goodbye Avast! Cleanup Android because of ads  (Read 2628 times)

REDACTED

Goodbye Avast! Cleanup Android because of ads
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:38 PM »
Hello Avast,

I'm so sorry to say this, but I have uninstalled Avast! Cleanup on my Android. A few days ago, ads started to come up after cleanup is done on the advance menu screen, and I strongly dislike unwanted ads. I have been a paying customer for years, and should not have to deal with ads promoting third party programs I do not want. I'm sorry to see that you chose to do this without any option to remove them.

If you remove the ads from the product, I'll be back, but until then, I will not keep Avast! Cleanup on my Android, and if any other third party ads show up unannounced, on any other Avast! product, they will go to.

Try to think of your customers when planning these little surprises. We should be given an opt out.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Goodbye Avast! Cleanup Android because of ads
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:06:59 PM »
Please post in the correct forum next time.
This one is about CleanUp for Windows, not Android.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Goodbye Avast! Cleanup Android because of ads
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 05:16:01 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0