Author Topic: How to remove Avast Passwords - Urgent  (Read 18300 times)

REDACTED

How to remove Avast Passwords - Urgent
« on: December 21, 2015, 04:47:36 PM »
How do I remove Avast Passwords.
Since installing it I can no longer do any banking.
It keeps asking to generate a more secure password. Our banks do not work like that. So I cant get past this point and therefore am locked out of all three of my banking profiles. My two company accunts and my personal accounts.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How to remove Avast Passwords - Urgent
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »
have you activated avast password generator?

does this help?  https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB259#artTitle

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 05:05:02 AM »
Does not help me.
Works fine for all other web sites but with banking you get the double passwords at the bank. I can't run to the bank every time and tell them what the password is. Because it is a double password and I need to access it from many places, such as when I am in the shop of a supplier, I then have a problem.
So either I must remove Avast completely or remove the password add-on which I paid for.
At the moment I have removed Avast from one system so that I can at least access the bank.
So because of this password mess I must not choose a different Anti-virus program after using Avast for over 10 years.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:48:11 AM »
So either I must remove Avast completely or remove the password add-on which I paid for.
Hello,

No need to completely uninstall avast , it is also possible to simply remove the password Module

Add/remove program -> avast -> modify -> change -> uncheck password tool -> continue -> restart

As far as I'm concerned , absolutely no need about  this tool , I just want basic avast feature.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
Alex,

you can exclude websites from the password manager as is explained in the FAQ at the avast website.