Author Topic: BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS 8.1  (Read 41441 times)

REDACTED

Re: BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS 8.1
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »
I am also experiencing this issue with about 400 windows 8.1 machines on our domain. It seems that the uninstall and reinstall is the cleanest solution that I have found. Thanks again for the info, I currently have an open ticket regarding this matter I will let you know what Avast support says about the issue. 

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 09:01:13 PM »
The problem has reappeared on the initial remove and reinstall test machine after three days, so remove and reinstall does not appear to be a viable solution. 

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 05:37:09 PM »
Hey. Just wanted to give my 10 cents on this issue. We have been having the same problem on our campus. Came back from Christmas break and several people have reported their office machines having this issue. Surprisingly, I have updated my machine without any issues so far. All of the machines with problems have been Win 8.1. Has anyone heard of any work-arounds, solutions, or patch updates from Avast? Thanks in advance.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 11:01:16 AM »
We have this issue on 9 out of 10 updated computers. So we stopped updating from console and locked update button in clients aplications to stop it from spreadding (60+ W8.1 computers).
It's very annoying and only known solution to us so far is to reinstall program manualy. So far 3 days without BSOD on this machines, but it could be only temporary solution (in ref to sholt2).

Followed with security center bug on win 7 and 8 and no updates for this problems from Avast.

/sarkasm on
This is exactly how EP solutions should work, release update and let IT departments install everthing manually, because automatic updates don't work how they should.
Glad we have only 400+ computers in all locations at least we have something to do. Great work Avast team.
/sarkasm off
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:14:58 PM by IT-KAV »

Offline LorenzoAvast

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

Same problem on our DOMAIN for all PC's WINDOWS 8.1 64Bit with the last avast endpoint protection client version 8.0.1606

blue screen at least one or two times for day with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE error message, uninstalling Avast the problem disappear

WAITING A RAPID SOLUTION FROM AVAST!!!!

THANKS

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline hillen

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »
Windows 8.1 machines are now blue screening as others are reporting. Just had a shop foreman "politely" deliver his to me before he throws it against the wall.

So let's see, still having issues with the firewall not wanting to install with this version and now my machines are blue screening and STILL NOT A SOUND FROM AVAST!

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »
Same boat as a lot of people here. Recommended Avast to my company only to try both Microsoft and Dell support to fix the blue screen errors on all our PCs. Wasted my time and I'm rather annoyed, especially that there doesn't appear to be any response from Avast anywhere. Unless Avast can create a patch/fix soon then we'll have to switch to another provider. 

Version 8.0.1606
Windows 8.1

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
Same problem here with the latest version 8.0.1606, our customers are impacted too.
Actually the only solution we've found is to uninstall Avast on every PC running W8.1

Not tried yet to reinstall it, just waiting for Avast! fix... but NO RESPONSE !

Come on Avast!

Offline adynes

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »
Same problem here with 60 some Surface Tablets running Windows 8.1.  Was fine before the last update but with latest version constant blue screens.

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 04:45:37 PM »
Sorry to be so impatient, but this problem is getting worse and I'm tired of hearing about. Already looking at Malwarebytes as a replacement, even though, it will probably cost us. We can't afford having computers all over campus randomly shutting down and so far the only fix has been to remove Avast. I guess the old saying about "getting what you paid for" rings very true.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
FYI...just heard from a user on a Win 7 64bit system that her office computer just BSODed with the same error message. Come on Avast! Please let us know what is going on.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »
Just finished uninstalling EPP on our local machines.  Licenses expire tomorrow and will not be renewing, moving on to something else.

Offline LorenzoAvast

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »
This is the reply from Avast to my ticket :
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
----------------------------------------
HI,

We are aware of the issue and working to correct as soon as possible. At this time most people are reporting the issue is resolved by running this removal utility https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
Make sure to boot in safemode when prompted. Once the removal is complete, reboot normally and reinstall Avast.

Let us know if you still have issues.

thanks!
Avast Business Support Team
----------------------------------------
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
the workaround not solved for me on all Pc's I tried

Offline hillen

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 04:55:23 PM »
Here is the drastic remedy I had to use in order to stop the BSOD on 8.1...

Ready for it?! I HAD TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10!!!!!!

No matter how many times I un-installed and re-installed, within 30 minutes the machines would BSOD again until moved to Windows 10. Is this a new marketing strategy by Microsoft? They get software vendors to render 8.1 useless?

Still no comment from Avast. Going by their track record it will be MONTHS before it is "fixed" and even then I don't trust them anymore.

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 08:29:34 AM »
FIX IT NOW AVAST!  >:(
I don't understand why all free products work without problems and the paid one's make such problems. Time is running out!