Author Topic: BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS 8.1  (Read 41246 times)

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Re: BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS 8.1
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 07:55:59 PM »
Hi Everyone,

We are aware of the issue with windows 8.1 and currently investigating. We hope to have a fix as soon as possible. To the guys that have reinstalled, when you uninstalled, did you use Avastclear or just uninstall through the control panel? IF through the control panel, try the avastclear utility and let us know if you still have issues.
We know this is not an ideal fix, and hope to have more info soon.

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 08:19:28 AM »
Hi Everyone,

We are aware of the issue with windows 8.1 and currently investigating. We hope to have a fix as soon as possible. To the guys that have reinstalled, when you uninstalled, did you use Avastclear or just uninstall through the control panel? IF through the control panel, try the avastclear utility and let us know if you still have issues.
We know this is not an ideal fix, and hope to have more info soon.

Thanks!

Hi,
we used Avastclear to clean remnants after uninstallation through control panel.

And what about this one, will you fix this behavior too?
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=180431.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:50:07 AM by IT-KAV »

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 12:51:25 PM »
Same problem here... have ~160 users...

Avast U must be better(quicker) to your bussines customers... If this will not be solved quick i'll be disappointed and after my contract will end u will not see me with renewal...

Too many problems Avast endpoint protection makes for me, it should help, but NO ITS MAKES ME PROBLEMS...

I am sad, used and trusted u for long time but last year is terible with AVAST... :'(

Offline PUOLEPARG

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 05:02:27 PM »
Hello All,
I'm an administror of Avast Endpoint Protection With Avast AEA.
Between last update to December 2015, a majority of Windows 8.1 bug===
Corruption error all day
same probleme to you

Mister AVAST, Please, HELP US ALL....Your solution is for PROFESIONNALand We wait a quickly solution
thanks you

REDACTED

Upcoming FIX BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS 8.1 -
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
Hello All,

We are aware of this BSOD issue and will have a fix later this week. The BSOD is due to an old driver that 8.1 finds incompatible so we will resolve by pushing an Emergency VPS  update and update the driver which will resolve the issue which.  The update will be pushed to the current 8.1.1606 version of Endpoint.   

However in the meantime to resolve the issue immediately all you need to do is uninstall and then reinstall the client and the issue will be resolved.  You can push an uninstall task from the console if managed or just completely remove the client if using a stand alone using the uninstall tool below.

Avast cleaner:
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

So for an immediate fix : Uninstall .1606 and reinstall a fresh installation and the issue should resolve itself OR you can also always upgrade to Windows 10 in which case there is also no issue.

If not, then wait for the permenant fix that should be released later this week.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Che' Johnson
Avast Enterprise Support
AVAST Software a.s.
140 00, Praha 4
Czech Republic
Europe

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 10:26:01 AM »
We are aware of this BSOD issue and will have a fix later this week.

What about the fix?

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
Any update on when a fix will be released? We have several users that receive BSOD multiple times a day and upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option in an enterprise environment. By the way, our contract is up for renewal soon and this will affect our decision to renew.

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 01:27:57 AM »
I experienced same things.
Due to these bug, we were forced uninstall avast EP from some laptop, or unusable over 1 month :'(

Is there any treatment about term of license?
During bug, there was only dissatisfaction >:(
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:29:42 AM by Chobi-san »

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »
Hi all, micro update which will solve the issue by upgrading the aswvmm.sys driver have been prepared. We are in last stage of testing. If everything goes smooth, the micro update will be delivered today. The update mechanism is independent on program / management console / VPS updates.

Che will provide you with more details later.

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »
Hi all, the micro update was released a hour ago. Can you please confirm that BSOD issue has gone?

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 10:01:38 PM »
Micro Update installed and after the required reboot I received the attached error message on my windows 7 Pro machine. We are trying a Windows 8.1 machine next and will follow up.

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »
Can you confirm the version number we should be seeing on the clients? We checked a Windows 8.1 PC and there were no updates available. It showing version 8.0.1606.

Offline Don77

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
I am still seeing 8.0.1606 as the latest available update.  When will the new one be out?

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2016, 04:54:52 PM »
Micro update is independent on regular program update. It's mechanism which allows us path desired file. The program version in unchanged. You can check modification time of aswvmm.sys driver, the modification time will be newer than any other files.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »
The micro-update is included in the VPS (160210-0).

It targets builds 1603 and 1606, aswVmm.sys driver has been updated to version 10.1.1606.516 (reboot is required to load the new driver).