Author Topic: I have to reinstall addons when I update Firefox with Avast  (Read 13409 times)

Offline caroline.kenyon

Re: I have to reinstall addons when I update Firefox with Avast
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »
Thanks, Eddy. How can I remove the leftovers manually? And I haven't removed Firefox completely and installed it fresh again because I'm a bit scared to do it because I want to keep my add-ons, tabs and settings.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:45:56 PM by caroline.kenyon »

Offline caroline.kenyon

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 02:53:17 PM »
Okay, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, and backed up my preferences. My add-ons are still in the toolbar, but only time will tell if this will solve the add-on problem...

Offline caroline.kenyon

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 01:22:18 PM »
I've reset my add-ons registry and I had to reinstall my add-ons again. When I uninstalled Firefox previously, I went to the Control Panel and uninstalled it. Did I uninstall Firefox wrong previously, and, if I did, how can I uninstall and reinstall it properly?

Offline caroline.kenyon

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 07:45:56 PM »
Thank you for the links. I'll back my profile up as well, because that might help too.

Offline caroline.kenyon

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »
I've cleanly uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and replaced the new Firefox profile with my backed up one. I've exported my bookmarks as well. I hope this helps fix the problem...

Offline caroline.kenyon

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »
I had a problem with my add-ons that said "You don't have any add-ons of this type installed", so I reset the extensions registry and I had to reinstall all of them again. Maybe this is a problem with my profile, and, if so, how can I fix it?

Offline caroline.kenyon

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »
Never mind. I've solved that problem. I scanned for malware and adware, and when I updated Firefox, I didn't have to reinstall my add-ons. Thanks for all your help! 

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »
Well, what's happening in that screencap is that I have to install all my add-ons all over again when I update Firefox, and they won't stay installed. I'd like to know how to fix this. By the way, I removed Browser CleanUp from Avast and the problem is still persisting.
Hey did you get this sorted out?
I've been getting exactly the same issue and it is annoying as 'all get TF out' .
I don't want to lose all my passwords , bookmarks and favorites, is there a fix that avoids that ( one that humans and idiots can understand:)?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
@ Charles190 To get better assistance I suggest you start a new topic. Right now I'm not sure if your issue is related to any of the above.
                     Please include OS, security software, browser version and add-ons affected.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.