Author Topic: Windows Server - Firewall  (Read 3652 times)

REDACTED

Windows Server - Firewall
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
Hi dear developers,

is any possible enable Avast Firewall on Avast Premium Business Security? I see it only for Windows Workstation :-/ i prefer Avast security and prefered it than windows firewall. At product list is not firewall added only for workstation :-/ and there i see some products disablyd.. But why? Thank you for help.

With regards and merry christmas :-) T.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:51:54 PM by Thelerion »

REDACTED

Re: Windows Server - Firewall
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 12:36:13 AM »
I think you should raise a support ticket with Avast to get accurate answers on this.

As far as I know, Firewall for Business Cloud is not offered on Windows Server, either because of technical limitations, or to force you to buy a more expensive product  :D

The Exchange and Sharepoint protection components I expect will display as disabled if you don't have these products on your Server.  Are you sure you have them?  Please provide your OS and product versions if you do.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 03:12:25 AM »
As far as I know, Firewall for Business Cloud is not offered on Windows Server, either because of technical limitations, or to force you to buy a more expensive product  :D

Actually Avast does support servers. Go to https://www.avast.com/en-us/avast-for-business

Under servers, it lists:
It will work with any operating system listed below:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2 (any edition with the latest Service Pack, 32-bit or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (any edition with the latest Service Pack, 32-bit or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 (any edition with the latest Service Pack, x64bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2 (any edition with the latest Service Pack, x64bit, incl. Small Business Server/Essentials, except Server Core)
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013. Avast antispam is available for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 02:29:05 AM »
Yes; Avast Business Cloud is supported on Server, but does not specifically say anywhere that I can see, that Premium Firewall is offered for Server.  Avast are not very transparent on this on their website.

Similar in a way that Workstation does not run the Sharepoint or Exchange modules in Premium Business Cloud.  You'd assume they don't but Avast don't say this anywhere I've found.

Therefore since there are no Firewall settings template for Server in the Premium Cloud as far as I can see, I assume Firewall is a Workstation offering only, and if you want it on Server you'll have to pay for a non-cloud offering; something like Endpoint Protection Plus https://www.avast.com/endpoint-protection-suite-plus#compare

I think Avast's sales team would be best to answer this question directly as to what product would be best for an environment.