Author Topic: Avast charged me (auto-renewed my subscription) of Grime Fighter w/o permission  (Read 7554 times)

REDACTED

So I got an email saying that Grime Fighter would renew in 30 days, about 30 days ago. I didn't want a new subscription, so I followed the link (avast.com/find-order), entered the given order ID and password, and manually cancelled the subscription.

Despite this, it still renewed my subscription.

I want a refund. The order number that I cancelled was 15794792642. For whatever reason, whenever the email kept sending me notices that it would auto-renew after 15 days (despite me cancelling it upon seeing the 30 day notice) it gave me a new order number and a new password each time. The email telling me that it was renewed successfully had an order number, but no password.

I don't know what's going on, but it's annoying.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

It's been 12 days with no reply. Is there some sort of holdup on support? Should I make a new ticket?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
It's been 12 days with no reply. Is there some sort of holdup on support? Should I make a new ticket?

The process can take 7-10 (BUSINESS) days and given most companies run skeleton staffing during the Holiday Season.
Having said that, you could post your Ticket # here in this Topic. :)

A new ticket or amending one, will only put you to the back of the line. First in, First out system.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
You need to count in business days as avast is trying to handle all tickets within 10 business day.
There was a weekend and old-/new year celebration.

REDACTED

It's been 24 days. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
A good start would be mentioning your ticket ID here.

REDACTED

Ticket ID: 109829

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
I've tried to get attention to your ticket from avast.
It is night here so have a bit of patience.
Normally within 1 or 2 days you will get a reaction, either here on this webboard or per mail.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
So I got an email saying that Grime Fighter would renew in 30 days, about 30 days ago. I didn't want a new subscription, so I followed the link (avast.com/find-order), entered the given order ID and password, and manually cancelled the subscription.

Despite this, it still renewed my subscription.

I want a refund. The order number that I cancelled was 15794792642. For whatever reason, whenever the email kept sending me notices that it would auto-renew after 15 days (despite me cancelling it upon seeing the 30 day notice) it gave me a new order number and a new password each time. The email telling me that it was renewed successfully had an order number, but no password.

I don't know what's going on, but it's annoying.

Hi,

If you cancelled the Auto-renewal of the order XXXXX, and then got another reminder about the order YYYYY, it means that you have(had) two subscriptions.

I'll check your ticket later today :)

REDACTED

I finally resolved the issue and received a refund, I'm not sure where the second purchase came from, but it's fixed now (hopefully).

REDACTED

Good to see that you got your money back.

Offline dw002a2267

I don't understand why i been sent an e-mail with a renwel for clean up when i don't have clean on my PC and never had.
Dave

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I don't understand why i been sent an e-mail with a renwel for clean up when i don't have clean on my PC and never had.
Dave
Contact support: https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Did you had GrimeFighter ?