Author Topic: Very unhappy with SecureLine VPN "Connection Process"  (Read 2322 times)

REDACTED

Very unhappy with SecureLine VPN "Connection Process"
« on: December 28, 2015, 03:24:18 PM »
I finally purchased this SecurelineVPN after years of clicking aware Avast's in program advertisement popups. I'm a very happy AVAST customer otherwise, my system has always been protected, resource usage is very low compared to other AV software..But this secureline connection process leaves its users vulnerable. I purchased my license about a month ago and have run it since day one or at the least I thought I was.

On day one I checked my IP which showed to be in NY, so I continued on about my business, during this time I turned SecurelineVPN OFF in the tools setting to log into a network I don't want guarded and quickly turned "ON" my VPN once I was finished. Unknown to me is that I was still disconnected from the network and there's a seperate screen altogether just to connect to the proxy. Rather than just flipping it to ON and activating the service.I never thought to verify my IP again because I'm not really worried about what traffic I do have. BUT, it appears my computer was used for torrenting during this time and I received a Copyright notice when I believed my IP was being hidden. This morning I decided to check and nope, I was disconnected from the network although SecurelineVPN shows as ON, very confusing to have two completely separate windows for the same process. Very disappointed. I'm not worried about the notice, but the fact that this software can appear activated without actually being connected is a massive letdown. Too many screens being created in avast for all the add on services, for a paid product, I think all services should be on one simple access screen and not spread across various windows. MY AV software is about to come up for renewal and I'm not too motivated to renew to be honest.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Very unhappy with SecureLine VPN "Connection Process"
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »
Please post in the correct forum :
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=53.0

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Very unhappy with SecureLine VPN "Connection Process"
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:11:07 AM »
Hi Erick,

First, sorry to hear about this negative experience you have.  Your feedback is valuable though, in that it points out something that could be very confusing for users.  We will look into ways to improve the user interface here so that it doesn't mislead into thinking that you are actually connected.

Thanks again and apologies for letting you down.

Davidek