Author Topic: Avastsvc.exe always at 25% CPU, even when not running anything else!  (Read 19080 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avastsvc.exe always at 25% CPU, even when not running anything else!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 08:50:35 AM »
Submitted a ticket. Will see what they say...

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »
Ok..

Lenovo Yoga2Pro with Win10 upgrade & Custom PC Intel I3 with Win8.0

Both after the update to Avast Internet Security 11.1.2245 caused avastsvc.exe to peg cpu usage at 25-32%.

I opened up Task Manager and manually killed the task "Avast! Service (32bit)". Avast then whined it was turned off.
I allowed Avast to restart the avastsvc.exe again. Wah lah! After I restarted my Win10 Yoga "ALL was Well".........
till I opened a program. I opened Chrome and clicked on Avast Passwords and now the CPU usage is 32-52% for
avastsvc.exe. Desktop is the same.

Anyone have any ideas.. I use Avast on five devices and don't want to reinstall any of them. They all worked before the
update.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 01:07:02 PM »
After some Avast! trial and error I see now this problem only happens after the "Main Password"
is entered. If you cancel that then everything works like it should I believe.

However, Avast Passwords cannot work without logging in with the "Main Password".

This kind of defeats the purpose of having an account linked between devices does it not?

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:16 AM »
Does anyone else see this same behavior?

Are the Devs checking the link between the "Main Password" and the CPU throttling?

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
Still no response to my ticket #144937, so anybody's guess I suppose.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »
Still no response to my ticket #144937, so anybody's guess I suppose.
Reply can take up to 10 business days. Patience. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 08:44:27 PM »
hopefully we will have a response in 4 more days...

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 08:10:07 AM »
11 days and counting...

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »
Has anyone gone to AVAST's Facebook page and read all the visitor posts? What is going on over there?

https://www.facebook.com/avast.usa/

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »
One of my personal dictums in regard to computing is if a program is installed which is detrimental to the health of the computer then simply remove it.

The problem is the sheer impossibility of testing on every pc config there is and unfortunately it seems you are one of the unlucky ones who,s config was not thoroughly tested.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 11:32:24 PM »
Thanks for the input. However, the issue seems to be more wide spread than a few unlucky ones. If you google issues like this there are hundreds, dare I say thousands. Something must have went terribly wrong in DEVland when the new update was made or they bumped it through Beta too quick to get it on the market. I have seen that happen too many times with a growing company.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »
Thanks for the input. However, the issue seems to be more wide spread than a few unlucky ones. If you google issues like this there are hundreds, dare I say thousands. Something must have went terribly wrong in DEVland when the new update was made or they bumped it through Beta too quick to get it on the market. I have seen that happen too many times with a growing company.

You have to bear in mind when using google search is the actual date it occurred as unless it is recent then they will refer to earlier versions of avast. Whilst you could delimit the search by date to get a better idea of those reporting the problem.

Not to mention what OS and system resources, plus what applications are actually installed as the permutations must be huge also.

So it isn't quite so clear cut as to how many google hits you get.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:14 AM »
Your right.. Its not.

But something that is worrisome is that a large portion of your Facebook customer posts are very disturbing. They
range from being auto-charged long after uninstall to complete loss of data resulting from following steps given by
your tech support to fix issues related to Avast installs or uninstalls. Some cannot even get a hold of tech support
at all and are told to submit another ticket.

What do you say about those?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
Well shall we stay on-topic rather than take off in another direction.

I'm an avast user like yourself and have been for almost twelve years, yes people experience problems; those that don't rarely take to the forums to say that they haven't experienced any problems.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
Simply discussing that there is some problem here..

We have to twiddle our thumbs while we wait for some kind of reply..