Author Topic: Registration of shareware, EULA...  (Read 4018 times)

Zagor

Registration of shareware, EULA...
« on: December 16, 2005, 07:55:37 PM »
Hi all!!

Well, since this is the best forum on the WEB concerning software :) I decited here to ask for help.

I'm trying to register a piece of software that I've developed.
So I'm interasted in legal procedure how to aquire copyright license. I mean whole procedure: registration of shareware, EULA...
If any of you had expirience with this kind of query, please post a link, or some info.
Everything will be appreciated.

Thank you again..;) Zagor
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 07:27:57 AM by Zagor »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Registration of shareware, EULA...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 07:42:38 AM »
I think best way to go is making a visit to your local chamber of commerce and a patent office.

Zagor

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:05:41 AM »
O.K. Here I am!

Thanks for the info!
I've done everything that is necessary: Copyright is on its way, Licenses and Privacy agreements, Trademark, maybe Patent for some algorithms.

But my dillema is: is there some registration that I'm missing, maybe registering at the chamber of commerce?

Note that my company is registered in Great Britain and so I'm governed by GB law. Someone with the info, please...

Thanks again, Zagor
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:51:40 AM by Zagor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 01:55:28 PM »
I did a quick search on UK Patent Office and came up with this URL - http://www.patent.gov.uk/ probably as good a place as any to start looking re patents.

I have no idea about patenting software, but some time ago it was suggested that you should send yourself a sealed letter with the idea/concept/algorithm enclosed and keep it securely locked away. That way you can establish a date of the concept/idea/algorithm, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Zagor

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 07:44:42 PM »
some time ago it was suggested that you should send yourself a sealed letter with the idea/concept/algorithm enclosed and keep it securely locked away. That way you can establish a date of the concept/idea/algorithm, etc.

That would be called "poor man's copyright" and it doesn't possess sufficient level of owner wrights protection (it is a minimum), standard copyright is required.

I will contact some people from the chamber of commerce to see if there is some kind of registration for the product (something like bar-coding, just don't know is it really needed for software).

Thank you very much for the time. See you latter