Author Topic: Every month Avast causes crash?  (Read 16918 times)

REDACTED

Re: Every month Avast causes crash?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 10:28:12 AM »
Can anyone advise me now on how to remove C:\FRST folder from my computer?  :D
It refuses to delete even from administrative account because of Quarantine sub-folder that contains the whole Spybot directory from Program Files (>300 Mb)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:41:36 AM by jbionic2010 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 10:59:46 AM »
Essexboy will remove it when back online later today

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 11:10:42 AM »
Essexboy will remove it when back online later today

Thanks, Pondus. I hope he knows how to do this if he recommends the tool çause I feel a little lost now  :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
I hope he knows how to do this if he recommends the tool çause I feel a little lost now  :)
Sure, don't worry.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »
To remove these use delfix, this will reset your restore points

Download and run Delfix
Select the options as shown

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 04:55:56 PM »
To remove these use delfix, this will reset your restore points

Download and run Delfix
Select the options as shown

I did exactly as advised however the FRST folder is still there and I cant remove it even from administrative account.

I may seem to ask a little stupid question, but wouldn't it be easier if I simply removed Spybot without having to go in circles with lots of different apps, such as  FRST or delfix?

Why did you have to remove all my restore points?

I am getting a little irritated because of 0-effect so far
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:01:42 PM by jbionic2010 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »
FRST is a diagnostic tool, it was used to look for error/what could be wrong and not speficially targeting SpyBoot

Essexboy may use several tools to fix a computer depending on what the problem is, all tools used are removed in one go with delfix

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »
FRST is a diagnostic tool, it was used to look for error/what could be wrong and not speficially targeting SpyBoot

Essexboy may use several tools to fix a computer depending on what the problem is, all tools used are removed in one go with delfix

Well, I mean that's totaly fine, but how comes FRST folder is still there instead of being "removed in one go "?

And you still fail to answer my question, wouldn't it be easier just to uninstall Spybot via Control panel in WIndows since it appears to be the only problem that existed?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:27:32 PM by jbionic2010 »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:46 PM »
Where is the FRST folder ?

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:44 PM »
Where is the FRST folder ?

System disk C:\FRST

Why did you have to remove my restore points by the way?  :) I am kinda losing the way you lead me
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:28:40 PM by jbionic2010 »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
Delfix should have removed that folder as it is in the normal position

Generally I work with infected systems and once clean, restore points need to be removed to stop re-infection

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
Delfix should have removed that folder as it is in the normal position

It hasn't, so what? I am not trying to mislead or anything

Generally I work with infected systems and once clean, restore points need to be removed to stop re-infection

Who told you that my system was infected? My system occassionally crashed because of Avast , but it doesn't imply it was infected.
To me it all looks like you tried to cure the problem that didnt exist.  And I am not sure you resolved the problem, it looks like you may have made it only worse

So what are your suggestions of the next steps I should take to remove FRST? Please be mindful that I dont want my system to be ruined completely  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:53:07 PM by jbionic2010 »

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 06:46:51 PM »
I'll recommend you to use avast cleaner to completely remove avast files, restart your computer and then reinstall avast again. Remember to use CCleaner to remove history, logs, cookies etc

I dont understand how this is related with FRST issue. Are you actually assuming that removing Avast will help to remove FRST folder?

By the way I am not a premier subscriber of Avast - does this mean I can still use Avast Cleaner freely?
Are there any instructions on how to use Avast Cleaner to get rid of FRST left-overs? Where do I get Avast Cleaner, please share the link?

And why would I take an advise from anyone who's got only 3 posts here with questionable reputation?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:02:16 PM by jbionic2010 »

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »
IS there any short-cut just to get rid of FRST folder that you created??  without removing Avast, without reformating my disks, without removing all applications on my system and without throwing my notebook against the wall? I am MF completely annoyed by idiotic advises. Looks like someone doesnt even read carefully what I write here
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:05:22 PM by jbionic2010 »

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 07:36:08 PM »
I have used the program called Unlocker to remove the FRST folder. Thank you very much, guys, for your valuable advises. Now lets see if my system is gonna crash again after so many sensible movements resulting in 3 pages of extremely valuable correspondence.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:39:33 PM by jbionic2010 »