Author Topic: Avast Free/Pro/IS/Premier / Complete scan Avast free for Mac has 9615 unable to  (Read 3228 times)

REDACTED

I have Avast Mac Security free on my macbook pro.  I had a virus picked up through mail and ran a complete scan.  It found two infections but there are 9615 files it was unable to scan.  I then ran two additional scans in the following days and there were no more infections.  However the "unable to scan" files were anywhere from 1769 to 9615.  I can't get any additional info on these files.
Also, there is nothing in my virus chest.  Is this working properly?  I did forum searches and the postings I found all said I could expand the information on the report.  I can't expand any information for these files.
This is a screenshot:

REDACTED

Thank you, but I did see that string before.  The issue is that I can not see the files that are unable to scan.  The count of files is now up to over 15,000.
Thank you.

REDACTED

Hi.
I'm having the same problem  Did you ever find out how to identify the files that Avast is unable to scan?
Thanks
 8)

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi.
I'm having the same problem  Did you ever find out how to identify the files that Avast is unable to scan?
Thanks
 8)

Use the right mouse button on the scan results page.