Author Topic: long time user feedback  (Read 1301 times)

REDACTED

long time user feedback
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »
So... I've been using avast (both free and premium versions) and recommending it as an IT professional since back when it was ALWIL. I've put up with some of the not so great UI changes over the last few years that have really obfuscated the location of critical things such as the quarantine chest. Changes like these happen, and while mildly inconvenient at first- you do get used to it and it's fine. But honestly, the deluge of popups advertising avast premium for free version users is not okay, you want to stuck it on the ui, nag them about it when they're using it- sure, that's fine, but intrusive advertisements from something most end-users install to get rid of and prevent that very same kind of symptom is absolutely unacceptable. I will not be recommending Avast anymore, nor will I be using it myself. (Granted other solutions have always been better, but Avast was once a good company which is more than I can say for some other competitors with higher market-share.)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: long time user feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 03:11:54 PM »
avast is a commercial company and advertising their products is part of the business model.
As has been explained many times, the pop-up's can be disabled.
but intrusive advertisements from something most end-users install to get rid of and prevent that very same kind of symptom
If people install avast for that reason they clearly have no clue what avast is. It is not a "add-blocker".
but Avast was once a good company which is more than I can say for some other competitors with higher market-share.)
avast still is a good company. There are nu others with a higher market share. avast is currently the world leader (and has been for several years).
http://www.getavast.net/comparisons-rankings