Author Topic: Third Party Applications being suspended by Avast!  (Read 2690 times)

REDACTED

Third Party Applications being suspended by Avast!
« on: January 04, 2016, 03:12:36 PM »
Hi!

I'm an TI Support on a Chilean Business called "NOTRASNOCHES | ONDAC" and i'm very confused about how Avast! PC Protection works on our Executable files:

=== IF I'M IN THE WRONG SITE REQUIRING DEVELOPER TOOLS PLEASE WARN ME IF SO ===

First of all, all our apps that have problems are developed on VB6 and VS.NET 2010 and every app is being blocked by Avast Software without exception and each one has 12KiB~200KiB of addressed memory, unstoppable and unkillable process ID and if you open it more times, all the processes have the same behavior.

We are connecting remotely to ALL our clients and having the same issue on each one that have AVAST Free Antivirus and deactivating it until PC Reboots and ALL WORKS FINE, PC Got 75% faster and we can work easily.

We tried to add Application Folders (.NET Deployment Utility puts it's own apps on "%appdata%\..\local\") to the Antivirus Exclusion List and in most cases it won't work (~80%)

We REALLY NEED to have a TRUSTY SIGNATURE or similar to stop AVAST from blocking our apps execution because our HelpDesk is so busy attending this low-level requirements and losing clients by a side and productivity time by the other.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Third Party Applications being suspended by Avast!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »
Sign your applications and there is a good change that the problem is solved.
Using a other compiler can also solve it.

On a side note:
In a business environment you should use a business solution and not avast free.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 04:37:48 PM »
Hello,
use https://support.avast.com/ (False positive) and attach files which are blocked.

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
Thanks guys!

I'm packing the files to proceed whitelisting our apps.

I'm very grateful about all your help. Thanks a lot!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 05:04:05 PM »
You're welcome.