Author Topic: 1 computor 2 operating systems  (Read 1869 times)

REDACTED

1 computor 2 operating systems
« on: January 07, 2016, 03:00:25 PM »
Hi all,
         I am a bit peeved with Advast. My computor has a partitioned hard drive, with Vista bis os on one part and XP prof os on the other. At any given time it is only possible to use one os, you start in vista or you start in XP you cant use both at the same time. i have a one computor purchase of premier and i would expect to use it wether im in vister or xp its the same computor but no, The Premier which i bought whilst in Vista os is not allowed to be used when im in the XP os Avast would like me to pay again for a second premier what a racket. i could understand it if you could run two OSs at the same time  on one home computor but you can't. yes i could put the free version on but why should i i paid for 1 computor and it should work in whatever os system i happen to be in at the time.
                  fethiyeman     ( John)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: 1 computor 2 operating systems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »
2 operating systems is considered to be 2 different systems.
The license is per system, so yes you will need two of them or get a license that is valid for 3 systems.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: 1 computor 2 operating systems
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »
As an avast user I can't speak for avast. But, this is something which I believe has cropped up many times before (people using a VM OS or dual boot) and it revolves around what you said 1 PC and only 1 OS running. So it really should be one license and I believe that was the case some time ago.

The problem as I see it now is the introduction of the my.avast.com account as that would show two different devices trying to use 1 license. I don't know how to get round this or if it has ever been considered.

I would suggest opening a support ticket seeking clarification.

Try the following: https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new.

Support tickets are handled on a First In First Out and can take between 5 and 10 working days, depending on the issue. Whatever you do don't submit multiple tickets as this throws you back in the line.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security