Author Topic: Settings help  (Read 4652 times)

REDACTED

Settings help
« on: January 08, 2016, 06:32:36 PM »
Hi,
  If I do not check off ''Program Settingsā€
  Can I change the settings in local PC ,and when connecting to the avast business control cloud,
  New settings will not be erased.

@Eddy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:47:42 AM by root1605 »

REDACTED

Re: Settings help
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 05:55:51 AM »
Not all local settings are controlled and updated by the cloud.  Are you sure you are changing a setting that is cloud managed?  Is the test PC definitely making contact with the cloud?  Sometimes it can take a while for the settings to reapply.  It sounds very much like it's not connecting correctly, hence could be why the tick box is not having effect.  Maybe try a reinstall if it's not all machines or contact Avast support for specific help with your environment.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
Not all local settings are controlled and updated by the cloud.  Are you sure you are changing a setting that is cloud managed?  Is the test PC definitely making contact with the cloud?  Sometimes it can take a while for the settings to reapply.  It sounds very much like it's not connecting correctly, hence could be why the tick box is not having effect.  Maybe try a reinstall if it's not all machines or contact Avast support for specific help with your environment.

Thanks a lot.

My purpose is to change the settings in local PC without doing anything at Cloud.
I need the new settings that were changed in local PC will not be changed when I connect to the Cloud.:)

I just want to use it as a personal antivirus because the UI looks better.

Could you please tell me whether I will  made it if I do not check ''Protect Areas---Settings'' or not?

Look forward to being answered again. :)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:29:09 PM by root1605 »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 03:48:43 AM »
No, the Business Cloud product is exactly that; for control by the cloud.  This does not sound like the product for you for single use. 

But if you want to keep using it you can set up separate group and template for the one PC for different settings to others in the managed cloud console.  But it must connect to the cloud and will always rule the settings. 

The Protect Areas setting just stops users from changing the setting at the desktop, not protect it from being changed by the cloud.

I'm not familiar with Avast Antivirus 2016 for desktop, is it not the same interface now (I think 2015 was a bit different)?