Author Topic: 3 devices - No, only 1  (Read 3444 times)

REDACTED

3 devices - No, only 1
« on: January 09, 2016, 07:54:27 PM »
I have had Avast on my computer for some years now,  I admit it is not always used as my primary AV but it is there for backup.  My license is due to run out and as I have shown no move to renew I got the inevitable e-mail with an offer that seemed to good to refuse.  1 year/3 PCs for Internet Security for €29.99 - too good to refuse.

Well, going through the payment page ..........  Oh,  it is only for 1 year/1 PC!   (see Attached).  So who do I contact to get this sorted?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: 3 devices - No, only 1
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
  I admit it is not always used as my primary AV but it is there for backup. 
Does that mean you have more then one AV installed?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:59:23 PM »
So who do I contact to get this sorted?
Logic says to contact avast. https://support.avast.com

Never have two av's :
https://blog.kaspersky.com/multiple-antivirus-programs-bad-idea/2670/

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
  I admit it is not always used as my primary AV but it is there for backup. 
Does that mean you have more then one AV installed?

Oh no,  it means that when my main AV annoys me,  or messes up, or I feel like a change  I use Avast. :)

Never have two av's :

Thank you for the contact link and yes I am aware of the rules regarding only 1 AV at the same time

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »
<snip>
1. My license is due to run out and as I have shown no move to renew I got the inevitable e-mail with an offer that seemed to good to refuse.  1 year/3 PCs for Internet Security for €29.99 - too good to refuse.

2. Well, going through the payment page ..........  Oh,  it is only for 1 year/1 PC!   (see Attached).  So who do I contact to get this sorted?

1. Was there a link in the email to take you to this discount offer (and did you use that) ?

2. If you used the avastUI to renew in the normal way, you wouldn't have any linkage from that email offer. What you would get if renewing from the UI would be the standard renewal discount, not a good as the specific offer.

Certainly needs clarification.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »

1. Was there a link in the email to take you to this discount offer (and did you use that) ?

2. If you used the avastUI to renew in the normal way, you wouldn't have any linkage from that email offer. What you would get if renewing from the UI would be the standard renewal discount, not a good as the specific offer.

Certainly needs clarification.
[/quote]

The first image in my OP was from the email,  the second from where that email  link took me to.

Still,  thanks guys,  although it does need looking at I found I had a Premier license still in force,  it popped up after I logged into the My Avast so the problem is solved  for now.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 01:26:08 AM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 02:31:16 AM »
A bit off-topic ;)

The offers you get from Avast for (a) license(s) (renewal) are of course standard offers.
But if you want a customised offer for your situation, don't hesitate to ask here on the forum.
No promisses made, but I know that ( sometimes ) a customised ( for example a certain combination of - ) license(s) offer is possible.

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:46:36 AM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )