Author Topic: Script Blocker support Mozilla Firefox?  (Read 8320 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Script Blocker support Mozilla Firefox?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 09:29:05 AM »
Hi folks,

The question is download the right xpi. NoScript for Flock is basically the same as for FF 1.5 x, but pending isssues with FF make me use Flock, and I am very happy with Flock, the version after the preview will be launched in the beginning of the new year (Febr.), but I never had trouble even with the nightly builds.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 03:10:43 PM »
I don't doubt that, good luck with it.

I and a number of others do have problems with conflict, unfortunately it is very difficult to establish which extensions conflict with or firefox, this was also an issue in previous versions of firefox, noscript and other extensions (although as I have said the only conflict I had was with FlashBlock and NoScript, they simply won't work together). Many won't have a problem if they don't stumble onto the same extensions permutation that would appear to cause the conflict.

Unfortunately for those that do experience a problem the only real way to resolve it is a full uninstall of everything and start with a clean slate. Having reinstalled all extensions without NoScript and everything is running smoothly, so draw your own conclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 03:15:51 PM »
Unfortunately for those that do experience a problem the only real way to resolve it is a full uninstall of everything and start with a clean slate.
This is the worst part of Firefox... we can't get rid on the problem without uninstalling everything and installing again.

Just to post, no problems with NoScript and Flock or Firefox 1.5  :)
The best things in life are free.