Author Topic: Highjacked DNS records. Need help BIGTIME help please  (Read 26422 times)

Offline va.land

Re: Highjacked DNS records. Need help BIGTIME help please
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 08:11:12 PM »
At  8.00 pm cet time issue seem fixed, no more alert message at my PC runnig avast scan network , some1 can confirm it?

Rom-0 test, say: "Address is probably not vulnerable"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:12:55 PM by va.land »

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 08:19:56 PM »
I got the same message this morning after a scan and was worried. I also have FIOS and the same router. But when a free antivirus program tells me to change system settings I draw the line. (I, and many others, had a HUGE issue with free Panda AV which effectively labeled all system .dll's as non legitimate and promptly REMOVED them!) So instead I called Verizon tech support and after 1-1/2 hours it was determined there was no threat to my router.

So all she did was reset the router to factory defaults on her side and I did the same thing on my side by pressing and holding the red reset button on the back of the router with a pen for 15 seconds. It took about 3 minutes for the router to come back up. I then went into the router settings by opening a browser window and entering 192.168.1.1, entering the router's default username and password located on the bottom of the router, and the settings page will open up.

She verified all the connected devices she saw on her end with what I was seeing on my end and said that no other unwanted connections were there. She assured me my router was working properly, my firewall was up and running and I had no security issues.

Also, I asked her if changing the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 like Avast's message said made sense and she said "no."

So bottom line, ignore the Avast warning. This one is on them.

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:07 PM »
At  8.00 pm cet time issue seem fixed, no more alert message at my PC runnig avast scan network , some1 can confirm it?

Rom-0 test, say: "Address is probably not vulnerable"
Yes, the issue is fixed.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »
I've had the same problem since yesterday morning...what differs for me is that I'm using a cable modem so I have no router. I also did the Rom-0 test just now and got the same "Address is probably not vulnerable" message.

I just ran the scan again and this message still pops up. I called my ISP's tech support and the tech said that things were fine on my end as well when he checked. Will this be fixed?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:57:33 PM by Susie Q »

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 06:32:35 AM »
Hey there!. :)

Also I have the same problem in my Avast Free. I think this is a problem of Avast and not the modem. Regards. :(

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 11:27:13 AM »
Hello,
for analysis we need some logs.
First enable debug logging: GUI -> Settings -> General -> Maitenance -> Enable debug logging
Then reproduce the issue.
Then create support package and submit it (https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33) and post here ID of created package so we can find it.

Thank you,
Milos
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:29:27 AM by Milos »

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 11:37:46 AM »
I have the same problem since yesterday afternoon.

Verified my DNS records with my ISP and they confirmed that they are OK.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:40:04 AM by regemorw »

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »
First enable debug logging: GUI -> Settings -> General -> Maitenance -> Enable debug logging
Then create support package and submit it (https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33) and post here ID of created package so we can find it.

I enabled the debug logging, then reproduced the issue.
But I have no idea how to create the requested support package.
(My AVAST version is in Dutch)

Offline jursa

• Avast team
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »

I enabled the debug logging, then reproduced the issue.
But I have no idea how to create the requested support package.
(My AVAST version is in Dutch)

Hi, just download and run following tool: http://utils.support.tools.avast.com/tools/support/utils/avastsupport.exe and post here generated ID number.

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »

Hi, just download and run following tool: http://utils.support.tools.avast.com/tools/support/utils/avastsupport.exe and post here generated ID number.

Thanks
20160115_1108_31RKX_4192011058.zip
or file ID 31RKX

Offline va.land

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »

OMG!! Today same alert message is up again. This is not funny.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
I also have the same problem.

Last night, my smart scan identified this problem (it also cannot install the now Adobe, but I think that this is not a problem). I communicated with the company provided me the router and they told me that they do not think that there is a problem with the router and my connection. They advised me to contact Avast. I tried to solve this problem by making some changes to DNS (8.8.8.8). However, this does not solve the problem.

The second solution proposed by Avast scan is to upgrade to Avast Internet Security. However, I have already done so 2 months before! I already have Avast Internet Security and my Secure DNS Seems activated when I go to settings. Is there any problem with Avast? What can we do?

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 01:31:43 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 02:02:02 PM »
I went to the General Settings of Avast and then to the Maintenance and then I activated debug. However, I have not understand what I have to do next. I scanned again my PC for my network threats and I got the same message that my Internet security is not secure. Nothing changed after activating debug!

What do I have to do after activating debug?? (my avast is not in English, so I try to translate the process that I followed)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 02:04:46 PM »
What do I have to do after activating debug?? (my avast is not in English, so I try to translate the process that I followed)
See: Reply #20.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0