Author Topic: smart scan doings?  (Read 1500 times)

REDACTED

smart scan doings?
« on: January 16, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »
I am on to avast after disastrous things with avg and the pain that is avira. I just installed and got the smart scan results. I refuse to click things for automatic repairs. If I click resolve all will I get to choose from any specifics before they are done automatically? I have notices for outdated software, performance issues and weak passwords. I do not want things updated or things modified on my pc without being able to choose them first. Thanks for any help.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: smart scan doings?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
hey and welcome to the avast forum. by clicking the smart scan in avast it will do all the things you just took up it will scan for malware,outupdated programs scan your passwords and help you secure them if you like and it will also scan for preformence problem. it have been added for thoose pepole how would not want to run this scannes sepertly. small warning the preformace scan if you continue with that it can sometimes leave your computer unbottable. you can run this scannes sepertly throw the scan option in avast, i hope this answear you question.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

REDACTED

Re: smart scan doings?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:06:49 AM »
Hi helpful55,

I understand your concerns as I had the same ones. Rest assured that after you click "resolve all" you will be given a list of all the issues found with Smart Scan, and you can then select which ones you want to have Avast! fix. You can select any number of them. It's completely up to you.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

mybuddy998