Author Topic: Outlook Express error - 0x800ccc67  (Read 119645 times)

larry52

Re: Outlook Express error - 0x800ccc67
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
Here is the error on my machine XP/OS and problem in Outlook Express:
The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.peoplestel.net',
Server: 'pop.peoplestel.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-
ERR Cannot connect to POP server 137.118.25.69 (137.118.25.69:110),
connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Nothing has changed on my ISP end or the setting in OE (unless avast made changes without notifing me). The problem just started yesterday after Avast did an update. Another interesting point is that it is only affecting OE and not Outlook office running on the same machine connecting to the same ISP. I really think there is a new bug in the Internet mail in Avast! And sofar from what I read it is limited to OE. If I turn Internet mail scanning off OE works just fine. I think Avast needs to roll back the clock until they get this bug fixed. Just my 2 cents

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 05:51:28 PM »
I think this is unrelated to your issue and as mentioned in your other topic post, I think you should create a new topic and we can try to deal with 'your' problem.

I doubt it is a bug in the Internet Mail provider with OE as it would be swamping the forums as OE is still a very popular email client. I have avast and OE for almost 4 years and no problems.

avast has no need to change your email settings with XP to be able to scan your email.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
Nothing has changed on my ISP end or the setting in OE (unless avast made changes without notifing me).
avast does not change anything on XP systems.

Another interesting point is that it is only affecting OE and not Outlook office running on the same machine connecting to the same ISP.
At the same time? I mean, Outlook can connect at the same time OE can't?
The best things in life are free.

larry52

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 06:38:40 PM »

At the same time? I mean, Outlook can connect at the same time OE can't?

Not identical times but click send and receive on OE and I get the error. Click send and receive and Outlook Office and it will fectch the mail with no error. Same machine and the same settings in each. I have even tried to change the settings and OE still has an error message. I also run ZA firewall but turning off or on the mail scanning doesn't affect either way. Only turning off internet mail scan in Avast corrects the problem.

larry52

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »
I think this is unrelated to your issue and as mentioned in your other topic post, I think you should create a new topic and we can try to deal with 'your' problem.

On your suggestion I will creat a new post with my issue. I will copy and paste the two replies to my questions in that new post.

IexoPeoa

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
Well, for some reason, OE has decided to magically fix itself...  I haven't done anything to fix it, since I could never find any information on fixing it, so I guess my problem's solved.  Thanks anyway guys, and sorry for the trouble.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 11:47:49 PM »
We hate mysteries... but glad you've finally succeed.
The best things in life are free.

Angela.Chelson

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »
Here is the error on my machine XP/OS and problem in Outlook Express:
The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.peoplestel.net',
Server: 'pop.peoplestel.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-
ERR Cannot connect to POP server 137.118.25.69 (137.118.25.69:110),
connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Nothing has changed on my ISP end or the setting in OE (unless avast made changes without notifing me). The problem just started yesterday after Avast did an update. Another interesting point is that it is only affecting OE and not Outlook office running on the same machine connecting to the same ISP. I really think there is a new bug in the Internet mail in Avast! And sofar from what I read it is limited to OE. If I turn Internet mail scanning off OE works just fine. I think Avast needs to roll back the clock until they get this bug fixed. Just my 2 cents

Hello Larry/Forum Readers,

It looks like you were able to resolve the issue which is good. I had this same error with a client of the company I work for. Usually these e-mail errors are no problem at all to resolve, but I had to do quite a bit of research to resolve it for him. I wrote down my troubleshooting process and other details I found all over the and compiled them into a step by step guide that can easily be followed in my blog/knowledge base. Everything that takes me some time to resolve for the most part, I write about and share with others and save myself some trouble if I come across the same thing. If anyone else read's this, I would invite you to read the tutorial directly at this link: Resolving Vista/XP Mail/Outlook Error 0x800ccc67 If anyone has any questions or something to add, you can post a comment on the article or reply to this thread. I subscribe to all the threads I post information to and monitor my email every few days or so. Good luck to anyone who may be reading this having this error.

Regards Angela,