Author Topic: Build 4.1.304  (Read 19003 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Build 4.1.304
« on: November 27, 2003, 10:50:16 AM »
Allright folks, except for the few hiccups discussed here in other threads, how do you see the new version? Any new problems? Any visible changes/improvements?

BTW the next update (due in the middle of December) will very likely contain the new language packs (finally!) :)

Enjoy,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:Build 4.1.304
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 11:28:35 AM »
- the new build asks for a system restart after it connects to the internet for the 1st time, the same as the previous did  ???
- the SMTP setup page is nice ;D
- no visible improvement in avast4 overall footprint  ::) (it almost uses as the same as the previous build)..

hope this could help  :-\
MW

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 11:32:51 AM »
the new build asks for a system restart after it connects to the internet for the 1st time, the same as the previous did

Have you discussed this with kubecj? I'm sure he'd be interested in your setup.log (at least).

no visible improvement in avast4 overall footprint   (it almost uses as the same as the previous build)..

Well it was not said in the version history, but the improvement only applies to NT/2K/XP machines...  ;)

Vlk

Lito

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 11:51:39 AM »
Hi Vlk :), it's working fine here on a PIII machine with Windows Millennium 8)

Cheers, Lito.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 12:01:43 PM »
- the new build asks for a system restart after it connects to the internet for the 1st time, the same as the previous did  ???
- the SMTP setup page is nice ;D
- no visible improvement in avast4 overall footprint  ::) (it almost uses as the same as the previous build)..

hope this could help  :-\

- the new build does not ask for a second restart (after connection to the Internet) in my XP system.

- the SMTP setup page works but my Chest is still unable to send an email to Alwil. What must be the setting for it? I use a server to connect and another one as my email SMTP server... Will I have to write #smtpserver or 127.0.0.1#smtpserver and so on?

In the SMTP setup page there is a dialog error which does not fit in the available space... Anyway, I sent this translated files to Igor for the next update. We wait for the new languages of avast!  8)

- my XP RAM is working fine. No troubles...  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 06:00:08 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 01:06:12 PM »
the new build asks for a system restart after it connects to the internet for the 1st time, the same as the previous did

Have you discussed this with kubecj? I'm sure he'd be interested in your setup.log (at least).

Vlk
yes, and I sent the files by e-mail to him to be examined(ver. 4.1.289). We did not reach a successful solution  :'(
kindly check these 2 threads:
iNews of the new build
2 panels for iNews
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 01:07:43 PM by minacross »
MW

CoJo

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 03:31:48 PM »
Allright folks, except for the few hiccups discussed here in other threads, how do you see the new version? Any new problems? Any visible changes/improvements?

BTW the next update (due in the middle of December) will very likely contain the new language packs (finally!) :)

Enjoy,
Vlk

Vlk. mine has done fine on XP
thank you,
cojo

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 05:06:18 PM »
There is still the Unace.dll problem. PK should know what i am talking about.
MfG Ralf

bbfi

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 02:06:27 AM »
Vlk,

Running smoothly here.  No problems with updating.   ;)

Memory usuage is lower than before.  Before it was 31,628K, now with 4.1.304 it's only 17,036K.  Good show!   ;D

techie101

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 03:00:32 AM »
VLK,

W98, ME and XP systems running smoothly.
Memory consumtion appears a lot lower than 289 build.

No bugs yet (I hope it stays that way).

Only 'asked' for reboot on initial download.

Technical is correct.  The email link in the Virus chest is not working, mainly because the link is not connected to the icon.

I also noticed that you no longer can access the Settings panel by clicking in an open area of the Avast interface.
(Not that it matters much).

techie
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 03:05:05 AM by techie101 »

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 03:26:38 AM »
There is still the Unace.dll problem. PK should know what i am talking about.

Thanks raman, we've received new unace library and I forgot to fix it. New avast build should unpack pirated ACE archives which were not packed with the official ACE.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2003, 06:35:26 PM »
I also noticed that you no longer can access the Settings panel by clicking in an open area of the Avast interface.
(Not that it matters much).
techie

Ooops... This is working in my XP system  :-\
Anyway, I have the tranlucent effect just at the beggining... After some time, they 'gone away'...

Techie, if you download the Glass_Plate skin a long time ago, please do it again. The first release of this skin had the error you mentioned.
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2003, 11:58:01 PM »
Technical,

Thank you.  Everything is fine now.  Guess something happened to my Glass Panel.

Can't figure from one day to the next. hahaha

techie

yildi

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 04:17:52 PM »
Hello all!

Thank you again for this very nice product!

Just a question: I have the impression that my computer has slowed in the opening of files after the last update. Is this possible? I use a French Win XP Home on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with 512Mb of ram.

I have even defragmented my hard disk thinking that this could be ths source of the problem, but nope  :-(

Than I have remembered that the slowing has coincided with the update of Avast...

Well, I am probably wrong but wanted to have your opinion about it.

Best regards,

Murat

PS. Avast wanted to restart my computer only once after the update, so I have not observed the annoying restart problems of the last version :-)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2003, 04:26:08 PM »
Just a question: I have the impression that my computer has slowed in the opening of files after the last update. Is this possible?

I don't remember changing anything that could have such a consequence, but the best (and easiest) way to find out is to temporarily pause/stop avast and see if it helps...

Vlk