Author Topic: Beta 2251 released  (Read 34275 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Beta 2251 released
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »
It's just sad that we've come from situations where I could point at a feature in avast! and say "My idea/suggestion made this happen." to making suggestions and questions on forum that don't even get answered anymore. Blimey.

If avast! was a "family" company 10+ years ago, it's just another faceless corporation now. And that really saddens me.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
It's just sad that we've come from situations where I could point at a feature in avast! and say "My idea/suggestion made this happen." to making suggestions and questions on forum that don't even get answered anymore. Blimey.

If avast! was a "family" company 10+ years ago, it's just another faceless corporation now. And that really saddens me.

@RejZoR I really hate to say this IF you think about it in a common sense point of view, 10+ years is over now and I believe they already move on now and just maybe the old staff might be gone now all the ideas by the original people may have move on with their lives now. Think about Outpost Pro from a point of view they've already move on, and I believe this is what their doing to you now they've move on from you when not listening basically it's just common sense really is all I'm saying. 

Maybe you should move on now you can't win.

Edit:- Welcome to the real world RejZoR and this why Masons don't believe in politician any more, just like another faceless corporation.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:21:37 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2016, 12:44:49 PM »
I don't think people changed. Most of the original staff is still there, especially the most critical ones like Vlk, igor and the entire old team. What really changed imo is the pressure from the top, the investors. Still, that shouldn't be an excuse to have an innovative tech (NG) broken.

REDACTED

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »
When this blue screened my machine I went back to the stable release.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
I'm with RejZoR. Why have a big lead-in about NG saying it's the big thing in protection by using the built-in
virtual technology in today's computers and not have it work as advertised?

It seems to me the true meaning on NG is not "Next Generation" but "No Good" technology.
Maybe avast should change the acronym to "MIWWS" as in "Maybe It Will Work Someday".
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2016, 10:21:03 PM »
Whilst I either can't get or don't want NG on both systems, one my XP system (so no hope there) and the other, my little netbook (where I don't want it as it is resource challenged), but in the very early days avast installed it twice on that.

If NG has all the potential of being great (so it was stated when first muted), yet it doesn't seem to be getting installed, what the hell is the point.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Beta 2249 released
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2016, 10:41:51 PM »
Sorry, I didn't add this to release notes
- "Improved OpenVPN connection method for SecureLine VPN.  Connection setup should be 2x faster.  Please try to connect and give us your feedback"

How is this "Improvement" realized in the Stand Alone Version?
I have not received any update to my Secureline installation

Might I also get a response to my inquiry.
Is the same research and development applied to the Stand alone version as this HP laptop came with Secureline pre-installed from factory and a 30 Trial available if desired.
As this laptop does not have Avast security installed, I'm interested in knowing how/when any improvements listed in this beta will be applied to the stand alone version of Avast Secureline.
Thnx in advance :)

It's sad, even when you want to support the product/Service by PAYING $$$$$ there is no response to my inquiries!

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
Hello RejZoR,

I am really sorry to see your desperation in this thread. I don't really know why someone from the NG team didn't comment on the topic earlier, especially since they've listened to your feedback.

I've talked to them today and have found out that based on your suggestion the team added the option to manually select NG even on computers that don't meet the disk requirements (such as your's). This should be available in the next build. Please wait for the update, then go to the Custom Setup and install the NG component if you want it.

Lukas.

Offline Patrick2

• Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:59 AM »
Heck when I got my newer AMD 8 Core System in early January I was hoping to be able to finally use NG, as I think this machine supports it lol,   or hope it does lol, Goes to look at NG Requirements while I'm bored and not doing much lol.   

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 18363.476, Intel I7 7700 Nvidia Geforce 1050 16gb DDR4, WD 250GBSSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393
HP Omen Laptop Intel I7 7700HQ, 8gb Of Ram Windows 10 Home x64 1909 18363.476 128GB SSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2016, 12:17:33 AM »
Thanks. I've also found another bizarre thing which was with the final build, but since we're talking NG, I'll drop it here.

I've re-installed laptop with Win10, installed current final build of avast!, unchecked EVERYTHING except basic 3 shields. I've unchecked even Secure Virtual Machine. But when avast! started, Secure VM was available in menu and also checked. It's like my installation option was ignored. Hm.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 01:59:11 AM »
may someone from Avast please comment about the issue with DNS resolve which cease to work ?

I wrote several threads,
reported it in 2 stable and N beta versions, I noticed on the forums there was like 5+ other topics with users reporting it too

yet absolute silence even in this very same thread
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline Rompin Raider

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 05:50:20 AM »
Hello RejZoR,

I am really sorry to see your desperation in this thread. I don't really know why someone from the NG team didn't comment on the topic earlier, especially since they've listened to your feedback.

I've talked to them today and have found out that based on your suggestion the team added the option to manually select NG even on computers that don't meet the disk requirements (such as your's). This should be available in the next build. Please wait for the update, then go to the Custom Setup and install the NG component if you want it.

Lukas.
Thanks! Anxious to see!  RR
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 11:47:37 AM »
Ok, got PM from avast! team member regarding NG. They are re-enabling override setting for NG so anyone can enable it by hand, but they'll still utilize disk speed detection for initial installation so casual users won't be affected. As far as I understand it, they already re-enabled this for this beta build and it'll be in effect for then release build as well.

Offline skinnypops

• backup, backup, backup
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »
still wish someone would state exactly what are the requirements for ng, then we would all know exactly how to proceed. more memory? faster hdd? etc.

thanks in advance for response
skinnypops
new HP , amd a10-8700p quad core @ 1.8 gig radeon r6 graphics ,dedicated radeon r8 2gb graphics card, 8 gig ddr3-1600 memory, 1 tb hdd, win 10x64 home 1607 build 14393.1066, avast free 17.3.2291,  windows firewall, mbae free, mbam free, open dns, cryptoprevent, mcshield, paragon bu & recovery 2015,system explorer

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2016, 01:56:28 AM »
When this blue screened my machine I went back to the stable release.

Hi GTX66 :)

With a BSOD it would be helpfull if you submit a support file using the Avast Support Tool https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB33

- In step 7 select "Full dumps".
- Don't submit a ticket, but post the Support Package File ID here in the Beta forum.

Greetz, Red.

Btw. these instructions should be added to the Beta testing - Overview https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=179943.0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:58:44 AM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )