Author Topic: How to post?  (Read 2239 times)

REDACTED

How to post?
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:02:21 PM »
Please help. I am new to posting. I spent quite awhile typing out an important issue for me regarding excessive long scanning times that I've really needed help with for some time now, and gathering all the specs to post, and then typed in the code at the bottom to submit the post, as I thought correctly, but they are very hard to read, and hit Post, and I received no confirmation, etc., just the same page was appearing, except my post/question area block was empty and gone!

I don't know what or why happened. And I wasn't given a message that it was the wrong verification code and to try again option. Also are the verification codes case sensitive?

I checked and I am still logged in, and checked my post "count" in my profile, and it's 0.

I don't even know if this will post, and actually don't know where or how to find any answers anyone(s) will give/respond.

Please advise/instruct. Or can a moderator somehow recover that post for me?

Thank you. 

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Re: How to post?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »
It shows you have one post.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »
If you have a post count of 0, then technically this one wouldn't exist, unless you posted twice ?

Your current post count is 1, see image.

The captcha (code to prove you are human) is only for the first three posts.

EDIT: There is a forum bug that can occasionally eat a post, best practice before posting is to select all of the text and press the Ctrl+C keys together (copy). If the post did get eaten you can go page back and see the empty Reply window, now press the CTRL+V key (paste).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:20:46 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:46:46 AM »
Thank you for replies.

I see the 2nd post I made posted, regarding my 1st was "lost". I will try to learn the method you mention to recover a post. It was disheartening to loose that one.

I'm glad to hear the code is only for the first 3 posts. They're so hard to read, I was considering just giving up ever posting.

Hopefully this will post, and later I'll have time to get back to my original post.

Thank you again. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:46:32 PM »
You're welcome.

Unfortunately for the captcha verification to prevent spambots it has to be hard, but only one more to go.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security