Author Topic: IE popup blocker from avast?  (Read 10661 times)

lmsasu

IE popup blocker from avast?
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:54:01 AM »
Hi, does Avast provide a popup blocker for web pages? I have turned off the IE popub blocker and some pages still cannot open useful pages. If yes, how could I disable the popup blocker?

Lucian.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: IE popup blocker from avast?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:10:38 PM »
No, avast does not have an anti pop-up feature.
Maybe the problem could be at WebShield and your configuration.
Which Windows do you have?
Which firewall are you using?
Any local proxy application is being used (like Proxomitron, for instance)?
The best things in life are free.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:18:01 PM »
The answer could be in your firewall options. If you use some firewall which has pop-up blocking features, check to see is it set to block those pop-ups. See how it looks in Kerio Firewall:

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

viBlast

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 07:30:41 PM »
hi all!  ;D i got a question and some mores but for the moment this is one of them
does avast! professional edition come with a firewall? and if it has it how can i activate it?

if one o you have the answer plz post it as fast as you can :P
good and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 07:38:01 PM »
What about simple use some qualite browser ?

from IE6 based ones :

Maxthon http://www.maxthon.com  or Avant http://www.avantbrowser.com
both got inbuild popup blocker plus there exist additional plugin modules...

from Gecko based ones:

Mozilla, FireFox, Flock, Dr. Orca

even they got implemented some protection i suggest get some extending modules ...

that will solve 99% of problems ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

MFB

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 07:40:48 PM »
hi all!  ;D i got a question and some mores but for the moment this is one of them
does avast! professional edition come with a firewall? and if it has it how can i activate it?

if one o you have the answer plz post it as fast as you can :P
good and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

avast! Pro does not have a firewall.   :)

viBlast

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »
 :'( well what can i say, thanks turkey i just asked if avast! comes with a firewall

but here other question, which is the best firewall for using with avast! or what is opinion about McAfee's firewall?

MFB

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 09:07:04 PM »
:'( well what can i say, thanks turkey i just asked if avast! comes with a firewall

but here other question, which is the best firewall for using with avast! or what is opinion about McAfee's firewall?

I've use McAfee Firewall for almost half a year until I switch to Zone Alarm and then Comodo.  McAfee Personal Firewall works really great, if you're using McAfee, stick with it.
The reason that I switch is because I didn't feel a certain bond (I know, it's weird) between me and the firewall.  I'm just strange like that.   ;D

All firewalls work really well with avast! in my point of view. 

viBlast

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 12:11:53 AM »
i was looking for  afree download the price is nice but in this case i dont have money for buy it   ::) i hope find a free download page maybe there're many in there ???

if one of you can help me i'll be glade

CharleyO

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 01:55:14 AM »

There are several free firewalls but my favorite is ZoneAlarm Free as I have used it for about 5 years with complete success. ZA Free also monitors/blocks all my computers ports in the original configuration. ZA Free works very well with Avast!    :)

MFB

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 05:23:59 AM »
i was looking for  afree download the price is nice but in this case i dont have money for buy it   ::) i hope find a free download page maybe there're many in there ???

if one of you can help me i'll be glade

Oh alright, there are many free firewalls on the internet.  You may try Zone Alarm which happens to be one of the easiest firewalls out there for configurations.  During your installation of Zone Alarm, you might get a pop-up that deals with the incompatibility issues with Webshield.  You can click No since you're using the free version which does not have the privacy controls. Just like what CharleyO had said, Zone Alarm (both free and Pro) works really well with avast!.   :)

Click here to download
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 05:31:47 AM by Turkey »

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 05:35:58 AM »
and i for example use with success KPF 4.x ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

viBlast

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 06:04:49 PM »
hi all i just download kerio personal firewall and is nice im starting to use it the matter is that when installing a firewall it notifies about every single incoming and outgoing connection; for example i have a peer-to-peer program  :-\ and the firewall was blocking some incoming conections those conections were the downloads.

and my question is does kerios have a menu where i can choos what conections permit and conections deny?

if someone have an answer i'll be glade for it

cheers and have a nice rest of the year :) ;D

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 06:36:23 PM »
You mean which programs you want to permit or deny access to the internet or LAN?Sure this is it(click the thumbnail to get full size pic):

Have Fun

Mikey

viBlast

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 06:41:05 PM »
hi mikey have a nice day and thanks for helping i realy apreciate it