Author Topic: Avast for Mobile Anti-theft turns on wi-fi automatically  (Read 1464 times)

REDACTED

Avast for Mobile Anti-theft turns on wi-fi automatically
« on: January 24, 2016, 11:58:31 PM »

I did a factory rebuild on my Galaxy S4, KitKat 4.4.4 - then reinstalled Avast for Mobile and set up anti-theft. 

Phone's wi-fi started coming on automatically (unwanted) whenever I woke the phone.  I would turn off wi-fi and within minutes wi-fi was back on.  Spent a lot of time turning off all wi-fi options and other KitKat settings but wi-fi would come on whenever I woke the phone.

Read a couple forums and got a clue - other users with Avast for Mobile said they had to disable anti-theft and wi-fi would then behave normally.  I turned Anti=Theft OFF and wi-fi is now staying off!!

The Anti-Theft feature is desirable but I do not want to have wi-fi on unless I turn it on so what to do?

Should I uninstall Avast for Mobile then reinstall it?  It is the Anti-Theft tool that seems to turn on wi-fi and I would like that feature to be activated but without it turning on wi-fi whenever I wake the phone.

This did not happen before I did a factory reset or rebuild and it was KitKat 4.4.4 before and after rebuild.

Thanks,
Larry