Author Topic: AVAST BACKGROUND SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING  (Read 18283 times)

Offline requiemdream

Re: AVAST BACKGROUND SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 05:59:09 AM »
How do I notify you I submitted a report? And what order number??

Offline falcongrey

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 06:04:30 AM »
How do I notify you I submitted a report? And what order number??

If you download the tool from the link 3 messages above it automatically takes a snapshot of what is wrong in the logs, gives you the ability to explain anything you did or tried to correct, then you hit submit and it automatically submits the information and if needed, they can reply to you in the email you specify.

Other than that, until they figure out what went wrong and push out an update to correct it... there isn't much anyone can do but use that tool to help them collect information to find what is wrong.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline requiemdream

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 06:12:53 AM »
If this is a known problem where is the fix? I don't like not having protection, especially when I am paying for it!

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
This morning, I upgraded my Avast Pro to the latest version (Nitro?) and immediately got the message 'Avast background service is not running'.  Clicking on 'Start now' or 'Resolve all' had no effect (though the latter resulted in a pop-up message 'A program is attempting to shut down Avast system service, disabling the real-time shields.' - not very helpful!!).  Anybody got any ideas for dealing with this?

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 07:58:59 AM »
This morning, I upgraded my Avast Pro to the latest version (Nitro?) and immediately got the message 'Avast background service is not running'.  Clicking on 'Start now' or 'Resolve all' had no effect (though the latter resulted in a pop-up message 'A program is attempting to shut down Avast system service, disabling the real-time shields.' - not very helpful!!).  Anybody got any ideas for dealing with this?

The only thing you can do at this point is revert to an earlier version of avast. Here's a tutorial to do so by Matthew81 https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189195.msg1328202#msg1328202

Offline vianello_85

• from Italy
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 08:01:51 AM »

The only thing you can do at this point is revert to an earlier version of avast. Here's a tutorial to do so by Matthew81 https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189195.msg1328202#msg1328202
And for avast free?
Beacose if i try to install offline 2272 by filehippo i install again the version 2276
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:04:35 AM by vianello_85 »

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 08:05:24 AM »
The offline installer for avast free is here http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/68667/

Do steps 3, 4, and 5 in matt's tutorial and you should be good to go :)

Make sure that after you downloaded the 2272 installer and uninstall utility, you disconnect your internet, and don't turn it back on until avast is installed and configured to only manually update. Because it's the free version you don't need to activate or anything.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:09:10 AM by My Avast Is Broken »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 06:11:14 PM »
The problem has been corrected click this link!!!!   Default Fix: Avast Background service is not running

Users of Avast Antivirus who upgraded to the latest version 12.2.2276 are finding that their Avast Background service is not running as a result of which the antivirus does not work properly.

To fix this issue, you may run C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastEmUpdate.exe and then reboot your computer.

If this does not work for you, download the latest installer from the Avast site - as they have now fixed the issue - and install it on your Windows PC.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »
Thanks for a nice summary.

Just one comment on this: the problem was with the UI incorrectly reporting the state of the service, not that the service itself wouldn't be running, and also the anti-virus protection was uninterrupted.

You can check for avast service running inside task manager, or services control panel.

Thanks. Lukas

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 11:16:15 PM »

Only enable extensions avast browser , is now running and logged.

browser: chrome