Author Topic: Why is Avast blocking an installer of czech localisation for videogames  (Read 7660 times)

REDACTED

Re: Why is Avast blocking an installer of czech localisation for videogames
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 09:30:43 PM »
Report it using the link in my post above
Removing a single file from some database doesn't solve anything. With next build issue will appear again. I need long term solution.

What was flagged?
The installers.
Which installer?
All 4 that I've checked.
We have much more installer on our site. Which did you test?

I see that the installers are not digitally signed.
That can be (not saying it is) the cause why avast isn't allowing them to run.
They are not digitally signed. Those files are compiled by me at home and distributed for free to videogame players. I have no money to spent on some expensive ceritificates and tools. If you know some free solution how to do it, please tell me.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
Removing a single file from some database doesn't solve anything. With next build issue will appear again. I need long term solution.
Tell it to avast lab when they reply to your ticket ...

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 09:36:40 PM »
Report it using the link in my post above

Tell it to avast lab when they reply to your ticket ...
Will do.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 09:49:16 PM »
As I said, I've tested 4 and all where flagged.

This is just one of them:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8845acb595597a41c3e93715d90242dced3cd1d3262987d8426a410e57be571d/analysis/1453841133/

There are free ways to sign your files.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 11:05:57 PM »
As I said, I've tested 4 and all where flagged.

This is just one of them:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8845acb595597a41c3e93715d90242dced3cd1d3262987d8426a410e57be571d/analysis/1453841133/
Star Trek, Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3 are done by a different developer using different programming style.  DS3 reports 0 problems, other two reports 1 problem. But I'm not complaining about those three. I'm having problems with our .NET4 installers.

I have found an old installer for Mass Effect 3 based on .NET3.5 is having 2 reports. I will replace him with a newer .NET4 version in the near future. Thanks for noticing.

But all .NET4 based installers having problems with Avast are clear. Sorted as they appear on our website. All are clear:
Deus Ex The Fall, Life is Strange, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut, Dragon Age Origins, Remember Me, Deus Ex Human Revolution Missing Link, Dragon Age II and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

There are free ways to sign your files.
Please provide me with some link to a guide how to sign files for free please. I was unable to find them. I'm not a developer. I'm a tester and a localisation manager. Thank You.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 04:08:35 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/hqfbncd
First link - how to sign PDF documents
Second link - Learn how to Digitally Sign Files, Documents, Emails
3) How to Digitally Sign a document with Adobe Reader
4) PDF Signer Free – Digital Signature Software
5) Get or create your own digital signature - Office Support
6) How to Sign Documents and Fax Electronically [E-signatures]
7) + 8 ) Wikipedia
9) The 24 Best Apps to Digitally Sign, Scan and Fax Documents
10) Howto: Add a Digital Signature to a PDF File

Results: 0 relevant links on the first page. On other pages some links are suggesting buying some stuff from Microsoft and that is not free!

After more googling and changing search phrase I have found kSign but it needs some PFX file with certificate. And I did not found where I can get one for free.

Offline denics

• Avast team
    • avast!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 08:13:39 PM »
Hi all. I'm afraid I don't see any detection on those files. Could you provide us with a screenshot or more information about the problem?

Thank you for your cooperation.
Denis Konopiský - avast! VirusLab | Android & Windows Malware | VPS Operations | Whitelisting

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »
Hi all. I'm afraid I don't see any detection on those files. Could you provide us with a screenshot or more information about the problem?

Thank you for your cooperation.
I'm not using Avast. But I have a lot of reports from users that they are unable to run our installer if Avast is present on theirs computer. After clicking on exe file nothing happens. No UI at all. If they disable Avast or put some exception on the file than it works as should (they can see UI and use the installer). We have no problems with competitors anitivirus solutions. Only Avast does that. We have encountered this before but this time we have a quite a lot of report of Avast blocking our installer. As you can see in my previous posts. All our .NET4 packages are all clear. No issue at all. Still Avast do not let them to run properly when released. It learns it somehow after a few days and makes no problems anymore on that specific file. But with a new build issue appears again. I can provide you with a new build if you need it for testing.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 12:02:24 PM »
It sounds like Hardened mode to me. Please ask them to disable the "Hardened mode" (Režim uzamčení) in Settings and to try again.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:05:15 PM by moroni »