Author Topic: 2 bugs ?  (Read 3027 times)

Alcyon

2 bugs ?
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:38:45 AM »
Hi every one !

i want to expose here 2 problems that happen to me with this new 4.6.744 version :

- i can't change the resident scanner option to "custom" ! when i click to "OK" and re-open the scanner resident the service back to "normal" or "high" but it doesn't stay at "custom" ... is that normal ?
so i can't put some folder from "exclude" list anymore...

- the second thing is the auto update process :
i use kerio firewall and after the 744 update ..a few hour later the autoupdate proceed and begin an update process...as usually...BUT kerio ask me for an "unknown" task ask for internet access...i refuse because of "unknown" and the update icon for avast stay in tray...so i decide to go in kerio and authorize the "unknown" to access internet...the update happen normally...

before the 744 update the name of "avast" was used for access in kerio.

this can be a problem for security...i may confuse people

for information i use always the update system and i didn't "tweak" anything in registry...
i use windows XP SP2 up to date, kerio and microsoft antispyware beta

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: 2 bugs ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 02:50:13 PM »
- i can't change the resident scanner option to "custom" ! when i click to "OK" and re-open the scanner resident the service back to "normal" or "high" but it doesn't stay at "custom" ... is that normal ?
so i can't put some folder from "exclude" list anymore...

Pushing the slider to "Custom" doesn't really change anything - so when you open the dialog for the next time, avast! can see that your settings are on the default values and shows the slider as "Normal" or "High". If you really change some relavant settings, the slider will stay on "Custom".
The list of exclusions, however, should be unrelated to the slider position - i.e. if you add a folder to the list, it will stay there (and take effect), no matter where the slider is.

i use kerio firewall and after the 744 update ..a few hour later the autoupdate proceed and begin an update process...as usually...BUT kerio ask me for an "unknown" task ask for internet access...i refuse because of "unknown" and the update icon for avast stay in tray...so i decide to go in kerio and authorize the "unknown" to access internet...the update happen normally...

During a program update, some components of avast! are changed. So, maybe Kerio detected the change and announced the new file/process as unknown?

Alcyon

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:33:47 PM »
ok for first one i copy that ! but i's a little confusing for the list of exclusion...i use a lot of them (for game and such...) and the slider "normal" or "high".. i was thinking thats he "reset" settings or such things like that... but now understood !

for the second one i have many update of avast since i use it... (4.1 and other...) and i never have any kerio alert for "unknown" process.. he always (when you sellected the correct mode in kerio ) ask too validate an update process (like avast 4.6.xxx to 4.6.yyy)

so the "word" "unknown" ask me for a NEW rule to be set ... in a matter of security this word can be a surprise tainted with fear...^^

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 03:51:13 PM »
so the "word" "unknown" ask me for a NEW rule to be set ... in a matter of security this word can be a surprise tainted with fear...^^
Igor, just to notice, a computer of mine reacted bad to the new update. It has ZoneAlarm and the updated components did not ask for confirmation after boot, on contrary, the window message did not appear... maybe it's ZoneAlarm fault.
Comodo reacted bad either  ::)d

After allowing the 'new' components, everything worked fine.
The best things in life are free.