Author Topic: No ChangeLog for new version?  (Read 9000 times)

Offline cska133

No ChangeLog for new version?
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
For a long time I dont see changelog for the updates in Google Playstore?!
I tried search here but the same.

Is it so diffecult to update the changelog after new version release?
Or is it somewhere else?ß

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: No ChangeLog for new version?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:54:26 PM »
Do you mean changelog that's visible in the Google Play store? We're updating the English one, but I agree we should also update the translations (at least some of them). Problem is that we usually don't have the final changelog until a couple of days before the release, so it's kind of hard to translate it immediately.

Ondra

Offline hermansky

• Avast team
  • Product Manager - VPNs
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:57:43 PM »
But I promise we will improve that! Thanks for suggestion.

Offline cska133

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »
Yes in google store
Well in German should be a changelog
How can i see changelog in english?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
The changelog should read

New features

We have taken away eveything you used and loved about AMS 4.

Enjoy!
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline cska133

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 11:23:50 AM »
what do you mean , patrice58? It sounds like a critic, and no enjoy?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »
Hi cska133, the truth is the new version is very different from the previous one - redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up. Our aim was to simplify it and make it lighter, so we removed the Firewall, which was used by less than 1% of our users. But it shows that they really liked this feature and are now upset, mainly because of this. We are reading all feedback and discussing it regularly, planning to find some compromises and reimplement some of the features. However, this cannot be done in a few days, so there are still some critical voices, mainly from the more advanced users. Please do not hesitate to try the new version out and make your own opinion.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:07:16 PM by Tereza V. »

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 10:26:19 PM »
what do you mean , patrice58? It sounds like a critic, and no enjoy?

I mean that there are lots of features removed from AMS 5 that were there in AMS 4. I don't use the firewall so can't content on that. @Avast No you don't regularly update the changelog (on Google play.)  You might improve doing so now but saying that you are doing so is not quite truthful. Update I am on the beta channel so I don't "see"  the updates which are normally posted to the stable channel.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:21:02 AM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
try the new version out and make your own opinion.

Given how good the app was prior to V5 and what little there remains of it now, opinions are never going to be very high from users who are series about AV protection, as Avast themselves used to be. Most of the circles I discuss AMS5 with agree that what we have now is little more than a children's school project of a wrapper for an app that does nothing but deliver endless adverts and nags. I for one cannot believe that the owners of Avast have agreed to this rubbish that will surely mean the downfall of a once very respected company and app.

As I have said before: There must be more to this than is being revealed. Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense to destroy such a popular and trusted app and replace it with Adware that seems to have been created in a kindergarten. Is Avast a toy company now? How can I ever trust that if this is the level of Avast programming now that it really is capable of protecting our devices?

It really is very disappointing to lose such a wonderful and trusted app.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
I can add that majority of Russian-speakig users (it means: from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine) feel upset and get angry with AMS 5. Their reaction can be described like that: "They (Avast) had a tool for men, but made a toy for children out of it". Users here are still ready to wait while Avast change their mind and bring the "tool" back but the more they wait the less their number is.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline cska133

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 12:10:01 AM »
for those with nonrooted devices here onother firewall app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.greyshirts.firewall

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 12:56:19 AM »
Another update with no changelog on Google play.....................

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:14 AM »
Another update with no changelog on Google play.....................

If you are referring to the beta version 5.0.16 then it should be something like this:

- Added notification about outdated virus database.
- Show names of scanned applications during Smart Scan.
- Bugfixes.
- Updated Arabic and Russian translations.

Google Play should really improve the changelog functionality for different app versions when you have multiple ones online at the same time :-/

Filip

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »
Yep, I put that there, so GP is probably not showing it for Beta releases :(