Author Topic: Avast blocks Outlook.com and reports malware (javascript / trojan) w/ Firefox  (Read 12763 times)

REDACTED

Same problem here, on multiple computers with multiple browsers.

REDACTED

Printscreen of the detection, pretty please? :)

Yo tengo el mismo problema, Avast! me bloquea al ingresar a mi cuenta de Outlook! (I have the same issue, Avast! lock me to start session on Outlook e-mail!

Por favor que el soporte técnico resuelva este problema de inmediato!
Eduardo desde Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi,
This was indeed a false positive. I have disabled the detection on this file. Please make sure your Avast is updated and streaming updates are enabled (are by default), disable and enable shields (just to be sure) and see if it you are getting any more popups.
If the detection appears and is different from the last one (a.gfx.ms/App0x_ia82xQ2gj6yACclap57JwQ2.js), please do post a printscreen.
Thanks for the report!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:49:01 AM by HonzaZ »

REDACTED

Now works.

REDACTED

Hi,
This was indeed a false positive. I have disabled the detection on this file. Please make sure your Avast is updated and streaming updates are enabled (are by default), disable and enable shields (just to be sure) and see if it you are getting any more popups.
If the detection appears and is different from the last one (a.gfx.ms/App0x_ia82xQ2gj6yACclap57JwQ2.js), please do post a printscreen.
Thanks for the report!

I'm trying to enter now, and seems to have already fixed the problem. I can start e-mail correctly. Thank you!

REDACTED

I am having the same issue which as far as I know started today. Identical warning and nothing works, turn Avast Off and I can access Outlook mail page fine. I am also getting warnings "threat has been detected" and a general 'URL:Mal' on other sites that are safe. That issue has been going on a few days. Noticed a new version of Avast was available, updated it. Restarted my computer and problem is continuing.

REDACTED

I got the same threat blocked message tonight.  :(

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
run a manual avast update and reboot .... did that solve it?

REDACTED

Hi,
Thanks for the report!

Hi, I did get this problem, avast blocked script when logging on outlook, IE freeeze.
Got this message
"https://a.gfx.ms/App0x_ia82xQ2gj6yACclap57JwQ2.js|{gzip}

Other:Malware-gen [Trj]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

It's not a threat?

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Yes, this was a false positive, meaning we mistakenly flag a clean file as malicious. These things unfortunatelly happen :-[
Try manually updating Avast, then disabling and enabling all shields (right click tray icon -> Avast shields control). Let us know if it helped :).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:48:28 PM by HonzaZ »

REDACTED

Yes, this was a false positive, meaning we mistakenly flag a clean file as malicious. These things unfortunatelly happen :-[
Try manually updating Avast, then disabling and enabling all shields (right click tray icon -> Avast shields control). Let us know if it helped :).

Thanks for the information. I can now log on and view my mail, without a problem!
And feel more secure knowing that it was not a real threat.

Thanks again.

REDACTED

Outlook.com now working normally again.  Thanks for the prompt response and quick fix!!

REDACTED

Access to Outlook is normal again for me. But clicking on links off your help page is still causing false warnings to pop up. Clicking any link off this page   https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=help   causes this.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
@gmnilee   I think your issue is related to Chrome, essexboy has fixed several of these the last days

REDACTED

I think you are right. It suddenly got very bad, a lot of pages are causing that warning in Chrome. If I pull them up in Firefox nothing happens. Could you point me to a thread with some of essexboys fixes or should I just start a new thread?