Author Topic: How do I schedule a daily scan in 2016?  (Read 4416 times)

REDACTED

How do I schedule a daily scan in 2016?
« on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:18 AM »
I had to format my PC today after using Avast for 3 years. On the old version it was easy to see where you set the scheduled scans but it is nonexcistent in 2016. Where is the option at? When I originally updated from 2015 to 2016, it would just scan every day at 5AM like I originally told it to 3 years ago but now I have to reset all my options again and I cannot find this one.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I schedule a daily scan in 2016?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »
Whilst it is possible to schedule a daily scan in avast 2016.

With a resident on-access antivirus like avast, the need for frequent on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part the on-demand scan is going to be scanning files that would be otherwise be dormant or inert. If they were active files then the on-access file system shield would be scanning them before being created, modified, opened or executed.

I used to have avast set to do a scheduled weekly Quick scan, set at a time and day that I know the computer will be on. But I have ceased this practice for some time now, based in the above.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:44:10 AM »
Both replies are appreciated, thanks for helping me. I would rather do a weekly scan at least just to be safe, I am fairly paranoid and I am very active online, and even though I take a lot of other precautions I'd rather not be the victim of carelessness. Ever since I started using PeerBlock though neither avast o malwarebytes have picked up barely anything dangerous.

Sorry if I was a bit short, I had just got done erasing 6+ years of history and all that remains of it are a few essential backups, plus I spent 5 days after that trying to figure out what was wrong with my hardware... It happens, but it sucks when it happens to you. :/

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 12:14:30 PM »
I would rather do a weekly scan at least just to be safe, I am fairly paranoid
Then maybe screensaver scan is The One for you.  ;)