Author Topic: why two test show different results in network scan in avast free antivirus  (Read 8742 times)

Offline jraju

• Poster
Re: why two test show different results in network scan in avast free antivirus
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »
Hi, They are not chiming on the main topic of my query. How two test could be giving different results. They asked my log files and say that it has vulnerability, but does not says,  how it is vulnerable. I sent the required logs.
                  Whenever you are asking a genuine question, it needs a correct reply. Hope that Avast team see this topic.
                   They may not be aware of the recent change in the scan showing vulnerability is also a topic of discussion in some other forums as well.
                       It is a newly introduced scan, and will really a boom , if it is showing what are the vulnerability . I have changed the password and found the vulnerability as weak password again showing in my next scan.
                           I am using avast for more than 3 years.

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
No reply for the most sensitive question on avast forum.
                 are you listening.........avast... team...

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »
Hi, I resolved my problem now.
                          I have gone to the windows firewall and in the advanced settings, selected inbound,the avast shown 80, and 21 , http and ftp ports and then blocked those ports. I disable the ping options.
Now the avast network scan show, both are safe. I do not know, whether it is temporary fix or not. You need to have a admin changed password and these settings to get avast green ticks.
                           Now, my question, Would this affect my normal internet experience?
                            2nd, 2 devices are said to have been connected. one may be my router, the other device?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:34:52 AM by jraju »

Offline jraju

• Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
Hi, As i mentioned , i repeat the question why two tests show different results by the same avast scan on network. Now, i have vulnerability to the core. Yesterday, i was fine.
Just, i updated the version and scanned. The icon has changed from vertical position to horizontal postition. But the result is not believable
Please see this
Betaal returns to his tree
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:50:37 PM by jraju »