Author Topic: Do you have 5 out of 5  (Read 16064 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Do you have 5 out of 5
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 05:29:55 PM »
The problems with this, or apparently not, you read here, my friend:
http://grc.com/port_113.htm, and also how to make it stealthed, and click at probe this port there. Do you have a filtering hardware router? I have put the extra packet filters (TCP-UDP) in my software FW.
Thanks... I've read that page a lot of times  :)
I don't have a filtering hardware routher. Which are your packet filter rules?
The best things in life are free.

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 05:33:05 PM »
What is the problem with port 113 guys? If you want to stealth it just port forward it to a non existing IP in your router.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 05:53:19 PM »
What is the problem with port 113 guys? If you want to stealth it just port forward it to a non existing IP in your router.
It's not a problem, you can block using firewall rules if you want to. But, if I do a port forwarding I wouldn't be able to browse correctly: like firewall blocking, page not found, etc. I couldn't imagine the solution (if any) for this. That port is always closed for me, if I stealth, no browsing...

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 05:59:14 PM »
If you block port 113 you can't browse Tech?That's weird considering port 113 is only used by some old UNIX servers(Irc) and some outdated e-mail servers.... I must say i had this port stealthed from the first day i bought myself a router(almost 2 years now) and i never had any problems.And why should i since it has nothing to do with browsers(as far as i know).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 06:34:46 PM by ..::ReVaN::.. »

kakapo

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »
YES! 5/5 and all green. Thanks!

MFB

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 09:38:19 PM »

Some of us don't have a router. 

I'm still fine since my firewall still  stealth this port

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »
Some of us don't have a router.

But Tech does.... ;)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 05:37:39 AM »
polonus they not filtered because they must be open (you can barely think about using some services w/o open and forwarded ports :) ... as i said i know what why where and when :) ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

looneytunes

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 05:56:53 PM »
i am not computer friendly just learning but i checked this and i have 4 out of 5 port 22 inbound and outbound is open it said what do i do is this dangerous and how do i fix this thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »
i am not computer friendly just learning but i checked this and i have 4 out of 5 port 22 inbound and outbound is open it said what do i do is this dangerous and how do i fix this thanks
Which firewall are you using? Which opertional system do you have? How do you connect to Internet?

timcan

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 06:34:26 PM »
welcome looneytunes to the forum.You can also try https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2as it is probably the most popular test site.

looneytunes

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 07:27:26 PM »
i ran this program and said i have 2 ports open and to get a personal firewall program or router. am not familuar with how to do this really not good on computer. help please and where do i find a presonal firewall program? thanks

looneytunes

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »
i am using xp system            windows firewall       dial up to internet
Which firewall are you using? Which opertional system do you have? How do you connect to Internet?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »
Whilst the windows XP firewall is usually keeping your ports stealthed (hidden) it provides no outbound protection and you should consider a third party firewall. Zone Alarm free works well with avast and has a reasonably friendly user interface. There are other free firewalls such as Kerio a google search for free firewall should return more info, etc.

What ports were said to be open?
You should be able to check what these ports do at the www.grc.com web site.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

efuniture

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2006, 12:10:36 PM »
Hi Guys from down under again. ;) I got all green with 3 out of 5 but it said I was filtered. I only have windows xp firewall, I run avast, spybot, hijack this and use cc cleaner. I still dont understand if I am free why do I need protection from outgoing.
Cheers in your ears Paul.