Author Topic: subscription not renewed  (Read 1034 times)

REDACTED

subscription not renewed
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »
Hi
can anyone help?
I've been running avast IS for about 4 years now, and my subscription usually auto renews.
I renewed last month and received an email confirming my ongoing subscription and protection but no new licence file.  The email stated I needed to take no further action.  However, my avast interface is stating that I am not protected and my subscription expired on the 2nd Feb.  As such I have been without protection for 3 days.
I have used the customer service portal to submit an enquiry each day but as yet no response and now it is the weekend I no doubt will be without protection until next week.
I have gone to my customer order page and tried to download and install the installation file.  This does download and my computer restarts but my interface still says that my subscription is expired.
There is no licence file attached to my order details, only the installation file.
Apart from submitting another email enquiry through the customer service page, how can I contact avast to get this rectified?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: subscription not renewed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:08 PM »
I have used the customer service portal to submit an enquiry each day
That is the mistake you made.
avast is trying to handle tickets within 10 business days.
Each time you submit a new ticket or change a existing one, you will be put back to the bottom of the stack since a FiFo system is used.
I have gone to my customer order page and tried to download and install the installation file.
That is you second mistake. A installation file is just that. A installation file. It has not the same as a license file.

Download your license file and use it :
https://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php